Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ] 
Lazer_one
Post subject: Our beginningsPosted: September 24th, 2011, 7:20 am
Welcome to the Gallery of the Our Beginnings.

Sometime it would be fine to have a look to the past: each of us started from quite simple ships and we improved our skills.
In this special thread will be collected the very first drawing of the most experienced members of the Forum.
Please do not consider it as a self-celebration but as a motivational tool for the new members: don't fear to start your own drawings!

ALVAMA
'' I started Around Juny 2008 (after followed the drawings but I didn't know how to get in contact with other members (before forum)) I learned quite thing from a other member. I started crapy, and this one is the oldest I still may have. As you can see quite poor. Basically my first try to a real ship. Or I can better say ''attempt'' ''

[ img ]

Darth Panda

[ img ]

Erik_T
" My early early stuff was all deleted in a fit of shame. They were horribawful kitbashed monstrosities and I do not miss them. This is functionally my first surviving work. "

[ img ]

Gollevainen
" She actually isen't that "raw", since back in those days (the file has been made in december 2007) I used to send my work via e-mail to MConrads who then corrected or altered the drawing or showed me how to do them myself. This is his "accepted" version, and unfortuanetly I did all the saves to the same file without saving a copy of the raw scetch."

[ img ]

Lazer_One
" Here is my first drawing as originally made in 2009

[ img ]

and as retroffitted in 2011"

[ img ]

Mihoshik
" Until I can scour my old HD, I think this is pretty close ot my first iteration of the Daring, and one of the first drawings I ever did"

[ img ]

Which turned into this:"

[ img ]

Novice
" The first is a 'Kitbash' from Unknown drawing of the Battle clas destroyer, as converted to aircraft direction destroyer

[ img ]

The following is an updated version which was posted to the archive "

[ img ]

Portsmouth Bill

" The earliest drawing I know I posted, and a kitbash of a drawing on the archive:

[ img ]

Looking at this now I can see all the problems such a ship would provide, not least those landing craft on each beam. Once I began on the Coffee War I drew ships for the AUS navy. I've chosen this one as typical of the period, but I have no idea of where it stood in the series:

[ img ]

The shared credit is in recognition of advice in the form of feedback on the forum from the first version. Now, I can identify what was the first 'real life' drawing I attempted, again for the Coffee War. I did a badly drawn attempt on the Whiskey, based on a very early type; then I was directed to better sources and managed to produce what I still think is an acceptable version:

[ img ]

I recall having encouragement on this from artists I respected (and still do). Until the OGFL AU I concentrated on real life and never built. But this exercise has made me think that it was early kitbashing and own designs that did help give me some rudimentary skill - with lots of advice. "

TimothyC
" The earliest drawing that I still have isn't in shipbucket scale, but is close (1 pixel = .2 meters or instead of .1524 for shipbucket or about 31% larger than shipbucket scale):"

[ img ]

The earliest Shipbucket work that survived an accidental deletion is DG/AEGIS:

[ img ]

I do however, have a recently produced shipbucket representation of some paper I dirtied back, oh, 5-6 years ago:

[ img ]

Lazer_One's Worlist - Updated 2021

Documentation is always welcome here

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Our beginningsPosted: February 13th, 2012, 3:27 pm
My first drawing, found buried on an old external hard drive that I haven't plugged in for years. This is from 2007:

[ img ]

Supposed to be a Fletcher class destroyer.

Now we can see that truly I was the worst of the artists here when I started out!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]  Return to “Site and Forum News”

Jump to: