Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ] 
Gollevainen
Post subject: COPPA issues and age limitsPosted: February 14th, 2012, 10:09 am
We have now enabled the forum software to ask compliance to the US COPPA law with newly registered members have to comply to be over 13 years of age.
In cases where kids younger than 13 are wanting to join in the for the forum, I will require a registeration form send by their parents to me before allowing them to register Shipbucket.
I will then decide to accept (or not) that registeration and the kids will be featured here in seperate user group.

Naturally this also will apply to our current members, so if anyone in there is under 13, I order them to all report to me or other staff members imediately.

This all is for naturally keeping the children safe from horrids of the world and at least somewhat regulate the quality among the newcomers (I personally would set the age limit for 18...) ;)

Gollevainen
Admin.

[Profile] [Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: COPPA issues and age limitsPosted: February 14th, 2012, 10:41 am
Gollevainen wrote:

This all is for naturally keeping the children safe from horrids of the world and at least somewhat regulate the quality among the newcomers (I personally would set the age limit for 18...) ;)

Gollevainen
Admin.
maybe it make sense to ask for at least 15-16 years old in order to post

Lazer_One's Worlist - Updated 2021

Documentation is always welcome here

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: COPPA issues and age limitsPosted: February 14th, 2012, 11:35 am
The software allows only the COPPA filter to be setted (and that doesen't actually even cover legally sites like SB), but its all I can do... unless someone crafted enough could code in some filter with more spesifics.
Naturally other alternative would be that Admin. would activate all accounts with new members needing to fill in stuff... but you know, thats like...work... :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]  Return to “Site and Forum News”

Jump to: