Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 5  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Japan - Sendai Class Light Cruiser.Posted: February 5th, 2013, 2:23 pm
Great work!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - Sendai Class Light Cruiser.Posted: February 7th, 2013, 1:13 pm
Naka as of 1938:
between february 5th 1937 and january 31st 1938 Naka underwent her second major refit, during the works the bridge structure was further modified ed expanded, foremast platforms where reworked and the mast itself shortened in height, two 1,5 meter rangefinders and two lookout platforms where added on both sides of the bridge, the four 90cm searchlights where replaced by three 110cm ones, the two on the mainmast replaced by a single one, the twin 13mm machine guns fitted abreast the n°2 funnel where replaced by 25mm ones, a 3,5 meter rangefinder tower was added between the third and fourt funnel, a unique feature of the Sendai class, finally an Aichi E11A floatplane replaced the Nakajima E4N.
[ img ]

there is no Aichi E11A yet, as i have to draw it first.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - Sendai Class Light Cruiser.Posted: February 7th, 2013, 3:19 pm
Jintsu as of 1939:
the second main modernization of Jintsu lasted from december 15th 1938 to november 15th 1939, the refit flowed roughly the same lines of Naka with a few differences around the foremast platforms, the seplane upgrade replaced the early Aichi E3A with a Kawanishi E7K
[ img ]

Sendai as of 1941:
between june 1937 and may 1941 Sendai underwent various smalle r refit instead of a main single one, the first modification was the replacement of the twin 13mm machine guns abreast n°2 funnel with two twin 25mm ones, the second saw bridge and foremast modification with the addition of the 3,5 meter rangefinder tower between the funnels, finally the last one was the fitting of a degaussing calbe and a depth charge projector at the stern; a torpedo tube refit, consisting in the removal of the fore twin launchers and the replacement of the aft ones with quadruple ones was also concieved, but shortage of torpedo tubes prevented it.
[ img ]

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Japan - Sendai Class Light Cruiser.Posted: February 7th, 2013, 3:30 pm
Awesome job!

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - Sendai Class Light Cruiser.Posted: February 7th, 2013, 5:30 pm
Naka as of 1942:
between mach and may 1941 Naka was refitted once again, a depth charge projector was added at the stern, the fore torpedo launchers where removed and the space previously occupied by the mounts themselves and the reloads was enclosed and converted into crew space, the aft twin launchers where then replaced by quadruple ones capable of firing the Long Lance torpedoes, finally a degaussing cable was added.
[ img ]

Jintsu as of 1943:
by the time of her sinking at the Battle of Kolombangara in july 13th 1943 Jintsu had underwent the same modifications done to Naka, then in early 1943 two triple 25mm machine gun mounts where added on deck above the torpedo tubes.
[ img ]

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Erusia Force
Post subject: Re: Japan - Sendai Class Light Cruiser.Posted: February 7th, 2013, 7:38 pm
Beautiful drawings. From the perspective of how this ship is armed in respects with anti air, and the date, they apparently were not taking the threat of US air power seriously.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Japan - Sendai Class Light Cruiser.Posted: February 7th, 2013, 8:07 pm
Awesome work!

[Profile] [Quote]
signal
Post subject: Re: Japan - Sendai Class Light Cruiser.Posted: February 8th, 2013, 1:11 am
Brilliant! Thank you - these illustrations are
a real reference work on this class of cruisers.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Japan - Sendai Class Light Cruiser.Posted: February 8th, 2013, 3:59 am
Great work, my friend!

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - Sendai Class Light Cruiser.Posted: February 8th, 2013, 1:03 pm
Sendai as of 1943:
refitted at Sasebo from may 5th to june 25th 1943 Sendai recieved a type 21 air search radar on the foremast in place of the type94 director, the mast itself was further modified and some riggings redone, the n°5 5.5-inch (140mm) gun mount was removed and two triple 25mm machine guns added above the aft torpedo tubes, two depth charge rails where also added at the stern; no other modifications where done by the time of her sinking on november 2nd 1943 during the Battle of Empress Augusta Bay.
[ img ]

only Naka as of 1944 left to be done, but i want to draw the Aichi E11A missing from 1938 and 1942 Naka before doing it so i can complete the thread at once; does anyone beign in possession of some good drawings for this seaplane? (i know that some good ones came out on google search, i'm just trying too see if you guys have some even better ones by chance)

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 5  [ 43 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: