Hi all and thanks for the praise!
Just for completeness' sake: The Panther- and Tiger-class torpedo ram cruisers.
Panther and Leopard were two small (1550 ts) Elswick-built cruisers the Austrians ordered in 1884 to gain insight in modern shipbuilding technologies; they were Austria's first steel-hulled cruisers. They had modern looks and were quite fast (18,5 kts) for their time, but were weakly armed (only one 120mm gun on each broadside, both theoretically able to fire dead ahead, plus ten 47mm pieces and four 350mm torpedo tubes (fore, aft and one on each beam, all above water).
As soon as both were delivered in 1886, the Austrians built a slightly larger (1650 ts) copy; they used the additional weight to double main armament to four 120mm guns, all else remaining the same.
Their service was uneventful; none were modernized in any significant way. All were rated obsolete towards the end of the first decade of the new century.
All were disarmed before 1910. Panther and Leopardserved in auxiliary roles, Tiger was converted to admiralty yacht. All were scrapped after the war.