Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 4  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Ships of the Polish Navy - submarinesPosted: July 13th, 2021, 11:35 am
eswube wrote: *
It turns out that Poland was invited to U212CD project as third partner - and our oh so patriotic and defense-minded government in it's infinite wisdom... ignored that offer.
That was not a mystery, nor is it an isolated incident. Ignoring any multinational projects invites or leaving them is something current administration normal behavior. It is also the rule that there is always someone else fault in that... that will tell you all pr-government and owned by it media and it's trolls. Poland was not only invited to the CD program, they also had been multiple times invited to the MGCS program, all meet with the same effect. Maintaining fiction or creating vapors of absurdity and lies is what the present party feels best at. Or buying something just because, mostly from US... :roll:

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Ships of the Polish Navy - submarinesPosted: July 13th, 2021, 11:36 pm
you should do all the submarine Poland had a chance on, as Never build, that should give you some work to do!

[Profile] [Quote]
phu2000
Post subject: Re: Ships of the Polish Navy - submarinesPosted: September 7th, 2021, 7:18 pm
I'm curious about the deck gun of Orzel-class. Is the turret (if it can be called as such) watertight?

I wonder is it possible for the crew to man the thing before surfacing, and for the submarine to dive while it's still being manned :?:

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Ships of the Polish Navy - submarinesPosted: September 7th, 2021, 8:59 pm
phu2000 wrote: *
I'm curious about the deck gun of Orzel-class. Is the turret (if it can be called as such) watertight?

I wonder is it possible for the crew to man the thing before surfacing, and for the submarine to dive while it's still being manned :?:
I would say no, since it's outside the pressure hull and part of the sail. The sail isn't manned during dive, since it's not part of the pressure hull.

When a submarine are submerged, the crew is down in the hull, inside of the pressure hull.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Ships of the Polish Navy - submarinesPosted: September 8th, 2021, 10:18 am
phu2000 wrote: *

It was not watertight, it was also not a true turret but an extended mask that adhered to the structure of the ship's conning tower. The entrances were on the sides of the structure between the ship's actual conning tower and the rotating mask. As mention above it was not part of pressure hull.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Ships of the Polish Navy - submarinesPosted: December 22nd, 2022, 6:47 pm
I've updated all drawings in the OP ( http://shipbucket.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 30#p200930 ) with front and rear views.
Temporary preview:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 4  [ 36 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4

Jump to: