Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 
TurretHead
Post subject: Stiletto: for water, not feetPosted: August 9th, 2010, 12:41 pm
The US Navy's M80 Stiletto experimental SEAL delivery boat.

[ img ]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M80_Stiletto

[Profile] [Quote]
BrockPaine
Post subject: Re: Stiletto: for water, not feetPosted: August 9th, 2010, 1:08 pm
That boat is a seriously impressive piece of tech. I saw some video of it chasing down smugglers in the Florida keys - that thing looked scary in action.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Stiletto: for water, not feetPosted: August 9th, 2010, 3:39 pm
Very interesting... Nice looking ship.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
didibii
Post subject: Re: Stiletto: for water, not feetPosted: August 9th, 2010, 5:22 pm
Looks very hi tec.

2.Mary celeste (All most done 40% completed)
4.German CV europa (dont know if i should do it)

[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Viking
Post subject: Re: Stiletto: for water, not feetPosted: August 13th, 2010, 2:57 pm
Pretty cool!
(though I had to google what stilettos have to do with feet)

[Profile] [Quote]
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: Stiletto: for water, not feetPosted: August 15th, 2010, 12:16 am
Oh, I see what this is. So this is more like an LCS and not like an SDV or landing craft. Pretty cool.

EDIT: And how come we haven't seen this on FutureWeapons yet?

[Profile] [Quote]
TurretHead
Post subject: Re: Stiletto: for water, not feetPosted: August 15th, 2010, 1:58 am
From the power point document I was working from for the outline the Stiletto was built for a network ships trial to support advanced mine countermeasures and to trial building a big boat from composite materials. It has a big ramp in the back for taking onboard a RHIB to deploy SEALs for mine clearing and to command unmanned mine clearing boats. The trail was called “Wolf Pack”. Since then it has been used by the US Navy for anti drug runner stuff. It is kind of a bigger sister to the Mk V combat boat.

The ship really needs a front view to see its hull because it has two deep V planning hulls side by side and a kind of half-V on either end. The designers call it the M hull. I’ve drawn it so I can use the design as donor Ship-DNA for my Rhodesia 91 AU. The Rhodesian ship will be basically the same but made from aluminum and with more simple lines and use the RHIB space for a range of modules including Gabriel AShMs, helo support, mine hunting, special forces, etc.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Stiletto: for water, not feetPosted: August 15th, 2010, 3:45 am
I'm sure, of all people, the Rhodesians would love a RHIB-launching platform regardless.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs”

Jump to: