[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Gunship
Post subject: Re: Damen OPV 1900Posted: September 11th, 2022, 2:30 am
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Damen OPV 1900Posted: September 11th, 2022, 3:19 am
Just a few a saw quite fast. easy to spot, since I didn't draw the drawing. My rule of thumb is to not post a drawing immediately after it's done, I would wait a day or two, then check the drawing, easier to spot something with fresh eyes. It's hard to spot small details, during the drawing process.

1. The bridge doesn't look black for me, on photos! (see photo #1 & 2) (unless Pakistan have repainted the ship)
(If a drawing have shown it with black bridge, then it is because of shading from large overhang, on that particular drawing!)
2. I would use dark grey, then black for marking a surface at +-45 degree angle. (The area in front of the picture. See photo)
3. The name plate should be shorter, PNS Tabuk is a short name thus a short name plate. (see photo) (The size of current name plate on the drawing, is big enough for a name, double the size)
4. The bow section above the bulb, could do with a little adjustment, it looks like it is more vertical, then illustrated in the drawing (see picture #3)

Other than that, not so bad drawing.
One interesting thing, is that one of her funnel is a fake funnel. Probably used for aircondition for warmer climate.

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Gunship
Post subject: Re: Damen OPV 1900Posted: September 12th, 2022, 11:11 pm
heuhen wrote: *
Just a few a saw quite fast. easy to spot, since I didn't draw the drawing. My rule of thumb is to not post a drawing immediately after it's done, I would wait a day or two, then check the drawing, easier to spot something with fresh eyes. It's hard to spot small details, during the drawing process.

1. The bridge doesn't look black for me, on photos! (see photo #1 & 2) (unless Pakistan have repainted the ship)
(If a drawing have shown it with black bridge, then it is because of shading from large overhang, on that particular drawing!)
2. I would use dark grey, then black for marking a surface at +-45 degree angle. (The area in front of the picture. See photo)
3. The name plate should be shorter, PNS Tabuk is a short name thus a short name plate. (see photo) (The size of current name plate on the drawing, is big enough for a name, double the size)
4. The bow section above the bulb, could do with a little adjustment, it looks like it is more vertical, then illustrated in the drawing (see picture #3)

Other than that, not so bad drawing.
One interesting thing, is that one of her funnel is a fake funnel. Probably used for aircondition for warmer climate.

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
Thank you very much for your advice.

please indicate them to me in the same drawing with red arrows, thanks and best regards

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Damen OPV 1900Posted: September 13th, 2022, 12:52 am
Gunship wrote: *
heuhen wrote: *
please indicate them to me in the same drawing with red arrows, thanks and best regards
You asked!

I marked just a few of things that you should have discovered, when studying pictures of the ship, all you have to do is using google and search for PNS Tabuk (some are the ship name, or the class name Yamook class

[ img ]

So let us start the ball:

Firstly, I have added two picture links bellow, they are coming from wikipedia and are highres. (I can't say it strongly, don't relay to much on blueprints, study pictures, because we are drawing the real thing, not a copy of a drawing)

Seconldy, the Credit and name line should be

Pakistan, Yamook class (we generally don't use shipyards model name, that is magazine name)
OPV 272 Tabuk (if possible year predicted. I would say 2020, since that's when it was commissioned)
(Gunship)

1. Ship name plate, is on a very dark blue name plate, with gold Perso-Arabic script (arabic) of the ship name. The sign is also thin, so there should be no shadow (we shouldn't be able to see that type off shadow at this scale!)
2. An surfaces that changing angel at some degree (not 90 degree) should be marked with a dark grey line. (black line means the surface is changing 90 degree)
- No need to make shadow the consoles, we wouldn't be able to see that as this angle (think that you are seeing the ship at range, where it are at similar size as the drawing, what do you see)
- bridge wing is at an angle out from the superstructure, but the angle is so steep that it can be outlined with black, instead of an extra dark grey. (it is smart to minimize the numbers off colors used, make it simpler to modify drawing later on)
3. Portholes should be outlined in black, they are a cut trough in the hull side, not a dent.
- all portholes are drawn to big
- watch out for details in the portholes but also drains
- there are similar portholes on both side of ship, thus you can see right trough, the only time the inside of a porthole should be colored, is when there are something behind it.

additional markings:
- there are small cranes on the forecastle

4. Anchor is missing.
- skid lines for the anchor, is not black, but more in a brownish aluminium/metal
5. On pictures, even the latest one, there is no bulbous bow marking
6. I understand that the shading give the ship more life, but it doesn't look right at all. The light source are comming from the front, soo all shadow colors should point backwards. We should also think about light reflecting from the water, so there shouldn't be any shadow.
- The shading on the bulbous bow, doesn't make sense at all. is it a ball stuck on to the hull or is it a connected nice and softly as a part of the hull, if the last one, then there should be no shadow there at all. (a Bulbous bow goes smoothly with the hull, and are not wider then the hull in that section, as indicated here)
7. Front of the bridge: on the pictures, it looks different!? (study picture links bellow)
- All frames around the windows should have the same color as rest of the ship. Remember black outline around windows!
- No need to make shadow the consoles, we wouldn't be able to see that as this angle (think that you are seeing the ship at range, where it are at similar size as the drawing, what do you see)
9. There are some electronics here (see picture, and search for more on internett)
9. The fire equipment is in ship color instead of red (on pictures)
10. There are some electronics here (see picture, and search for more on internett)
11. These are doors. not openings (see picture, and search for more on internett)
12. Suggestion to detail adjustment. The surface is flat all the way back, not angled and there is a small electronic devices mounted there.
13. It would be nice if these match in style and color with the real thing (see picture)

Dark read... just a dot!

other red markings:
- to large portholes that should be see trough as well, but also wrong shape (don't trust a blueprint on these type of details, look at pictures instead) (see picture, and search for more on internett)
- a small navigation mast aft missing.

other things:
- double check rails and also rails around bridge and mast... do the rail on the front of the bridge move the the sides like that (see picture, and search for more on internett)
- bellow and aft of mast, there is a pipe going down the structure to the AShM deck. you should draw it as a pipe (3 pix, with ship color between black lines) instead of just some random black colors down the side there (So again. Study picture, and search for more on internett)
- Note there is a number (25) written in read on both funnels
- Note that on the sponson on the hangare, there is a machine gun mounted
- Note she is equipped with Phalanx!!!
- Note there should be a rail between the aft life rafts (see picture)
- Note style and color on the build in gangway.
- Note the small piece of all metal railing in front of the funnel (on the AShM deck), that the outline of it doesn't follow the funnel lines.
- Note refuling equipment on the forecastle

Details, details, details!

Enjoy two big pictures and get those details:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... f_Oman.jpg
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... r_2021.jpg

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs”

Jump to: