Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 
Mitchell van Os
Post subject: F123 Brandenburg Class German navyPosted: September 6th, 2022, 11:38 am
Hello there, it has been a while since i uploaded a real design and in service ship.

The following ship currently sails in SNMG1 and i happened to have gained the blueprints a short time ago.
I was able to make really good pictures for references and crosspolled onto the Mecklenburg-Vorpommern to make some close up shots aswell.

If anyone spots some errors please notify. Can always improve the drawing!

[ img ]

(also one of the few Mconrads drawings to be updated... What a time has passed guys!)
[ img ]

Up next is the Clemenceau Class carriers

Embarked on: HNLMS Karel Doorman A833
To do list:
-Zeven Provincien class cruiser
-Joint support ship all sides
-F124 Sachsen class frigate
-F125 Baden-Württemberg class frigate
-Clemencau class aircraft carrier
-Zeven provincien class frigate
-Poolster class AOR
-Amsterdam class AOR
-Minas Gerais aircraft carrier

Last edited by Mitchell van Os on September 6th, 2022, 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: F123 Brandenburg Class German navyPosted: September 6th, 2022, 11:43 am
do you know what those grey lines on the underwater hull is?

btw. great drawing.

I'm a bit surprised of how big that rudder is. I would perhaps consider a dark grey, instead of black on that aft section of the stern, due to the angle is less then 90°

[Profile] [Quote]
Rainmaker
Post subject: Re: F123 Brandenburg Class German navyPosted: September 6th, 2022, 5:14 pm
Wow - fantastic work! Comparing these older drawings from the early days of Shipbucket to the latest drawings being produced is always so interesting. Things have certainly come a long way.

It does seem kind of odd to me to use the out-of-scale, slightly enlarged Sea Sparrow and RIM-116 missiles, but then the correct-scale Harpoon. I feel that it would be a better choice to decide on one or the other just for the sake of consistency.

The top section of the funnels could also possibly benefit from some additional shading to depict how they're angled outward towards the viewer, but that's just a personal aesthetic choice.

Is there any chance we will see an updated Sachsen - class frigate drawing in the future?

[Profile] [Quote]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: F123 Brandenburg Class German navyPosted: September 9th, 2022, 6:38 pm
Incredible, just incredible. Wel done!

Such a sight to see how far SB has progressed over the years...

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: F123 Brandenburg Class German navyPosted: September 12th, 2022, 7:57 pm
Fantastic re-draw.

I sort of agree with Rainmaker on Harpoon--I always think of Shipbucket as stemming from old-school recognition guides, and showing RAM almost as large as Harpoon somewhat misleads the reader if they don't know what's what. I'd show the big old fat Harpoon drawing.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: F123 Brandenburg Class German navyPosted: September 13th, 2022, 8:46 am
A fantastic drawing and proof of how much SB has evolved over the years.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Mitchell van Os
Post subject: Re: F123 Brandenburg Class German navyPosted: September 17th, 2022, 5:23 pm
heuhen wrote: *
do you know what those grey lines on the underwater hull is?
There where big discussions about this before, no one really knows. I asked crew members and they dont know it either.
Rainmaker wrote: *
It does seem kind of odd to me to use the out-of-scale, slightly enlarged Sea Sparrow and RIM-116 missiles, but then the correct-scale Harpoon. I feel that it would be a better choice to decide on one or the other just for the sake of consistency.
erik_t wrote: *
I sort of agree with Rainmaker on Harpoon--I always think of Shipbucket as stemming from old-school recognition guides, and showing RAM almost as large as Harpoon somewhat misleads the reader if they don't know what's what. I'd show the big old fat Harpoon drawing.
I will update the drawing with the bigger Harpoon missiles! :mrgreen:
The top section of the funnels could also possibly benefit from some additional shading to depict how they're angled outward towards the viewer, but that's just a personal aesthetic choice.
Hmm perhaps a tone darker on all sides from the turning point?
Is there any chance we will see an updated Sachsen - class frigate drawing in the future?
Ow yes, the Sachsen is now about 50% finished in front and starboard view. Still trying to get top and rear view from sources i have.

Thanks for all comments! Took me some time to complete and had to wait for my camera to make good shots, forgot the camera on first part of my deployment :(

Embarked on: HNLMS Karel Doorman A833
To do list:
-Zeven Provincien class cruiser
-Joint support ship all sides
-F124 Sachsen class frigate
-F125 Baden-Württemberg class frigate
-Clemencau class aircraft carrier
-Zeven provincien class frigate
-Poolster class AOR
-Amsterdam class AOR
-Minas Gerais aircraft carrier

[Profile] [Quote]