Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
CodumCallum1666
Post subject: Updated RMS Olympic and Titanic.Posted: September 7th, 2022, 5:00 pm
This has taken a rather long time to complete but here they are.
[ img ]

Heavily modified and updated versions of D. Briedis/CanisD's original Titanic and Olympic drawings. what do you guys think?

Last edited by CodumCallum1666 on February 13th, 2023, 9:58 pm, edited 28 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Cascadia
Post subject: Re: Updated RMS OLympic and Titanic.Posted: September 7th, 2022, 5:33 pm
I like them.
I'm sure CanisD would also like them if he could still see them.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Updated RMS OLympic and Titanic.Posted: September 7th, 2022, 8:53 pm
May I recommend using the cross sections to draw the hull shading? the current shading has very little relation to reality, using vertical cross sections as a base instead of any indication of the ships shape.

[Profile] [Quote]
CodumCallum1666
Post subject: Re: Updated RMS OLympic and Titanic.Posted: September 8th, 2022, 12:00 am
acelanceloet wrote: *
May I recommend using the cross sections to draw the hull shading? the current shading has very little relation to reality, using vertical cross sections as a base instead of any indication of the ships shape.
hmm, you got any idea where to find those? any place that has that sort of reference material?

Last edited by CodumCallum1666 on September 8th, 2022, 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Updated RMS OLympic and Titanic.Posted: September 8th, 2022, 12:21 am
Very nice work!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Updated RMS OLympic and Titanic.Posted: September 8th, 2022, 5:29 am
CodumCallum1666 wrote: *
acelanceloet wrote: *

hmm, you got any idea where to find those? any place that has that sort of reference material?
http://shipbucket.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 07#p204607

You had one here.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Updated RMS OLympic and Titanic.Posted: September 8th, 2022, 9:05 am
Might I also suggest phrasing the credits a bit different? While Titanic had a brief life, Olympic went through several iterations in her 24 years of service. Here's possible credits:

Great Britain, Olympic-class Ocean Liner
R.M.S. Olympic (1911)
(D. Briedis, Ollie, & Acenos)

Great Britain, Olympic-class Ocean Liner
R.M.S. Titanic (1912)
(D. Briedis, Ollie, & Acenos)

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
CodumCallum1666
Post subject: Re: Updated RMS OLympic and Titanic.Posted: September 9th, 2022, 12:55 pm
just to let people know, I'm not going to do one for britannic. It's a lot more complex and detailed due to having more radical changes to her design after the Titanic Disaster. I was able to do updated drawings of Titanic and Olympic since the differences werent that radical as well as being more well documented.

It could have been easier had I started that project back when the CAD plans site didn't discontinue ordering and go defunct but alas, I didn't know of that site's existence until recently.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Updated RMS OLympic and Titanic.Posted: September 10th, 2022, 9:59 am
The aft funnel is still too tall, it was slightly shorter than the others.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Armoured man
Post subject: Re: Updated RMS OLympic and Titanic.Posted: September 10th, 2022, 11:36 am
Quote:
The aft funnel is still too tall, it was slightly shorter than the others.
This is not a problem that is limited to the fourth funnel. A slightly less known facts about the Olympic class ocean liners, is that each funnel was actually slightly different from each other in terms of overall height. I don't know the exact technical reason why this was the case, but I believe it is something to do with the ships sheer, also I have pointed out many times on the discord, that each funnel should not be the same height as each other, yet Codum has either ignore what I said or simply not taking it into account when drawing his representation of the Olympic class ocean liners

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: