Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 4  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 »
Drew_Air
Post subject: Gozo Channel Fleet MALTAPosted: January 21st, 2023, 10:06 pm
This is my 2nd attempt to draw TA PINU of Maltese ferry GOZO CHANNEL LINE

[ img ]

Last edited by Drew_Air on January 22nd, 2023, 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Drew_Air
Post subject: Re: Gozo Channel Fleet MALTAPosted: January 21st, 2023, 10:10 pm
GAUDOS of Maltese ferry GOZO CHANNEL LINE.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Drew_Air
Post subject: Re: Gozo Channel Fleet MALTAPosted: January 21st, 2023, 10:14 pm
MALITA of Maltese ferry GOZO CHANNEL LINE.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Drew_Air
Post subject: Re: Gozo Channel Fleet MALTAPosted: January 22nd, 2023, 5:10 pm
Gozo Channels Newest ship that was built in 1987. It was previously operated by a Greek ferry Line called Ionion Line.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Gozo Channel Fleet MALTAPosted: January 23rd, 2023, 7:28 pm
These drawings, I'm afraid, still suffer from many of the issues I've mentioned in the "high speed vessels" thread, particularly heavy corners, double black lines and the like.
Also, the operator logos and names on both ships are in improper format, meaning, that they need to be done in pixelart style - You can't copy-paste them on the drawing from external source.
(and btw. - what is the difference between first three entries in this thread, except for the caption?)

[Profile] [Quote]
Drew_Air
Post subject: Re: Gozo Channel Fleet MALTAPosted: January 24th, 2023, 10:18 am
Thanks for the feedback! i do not understand what you mean by heavy corners. and to answer the questions about the first three ships . the ships are the same drawing because the ships in real life are all the same class.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Gozo Channel Fleet MALTAPosted: January 24th, 2023, 6:24 pm
Drew_Air wrote: *
Thanks for the feedback! i do not understand what you mean by heavy corners
In some of my earlier posts I've provided links to our official Shipbucket Style Guide ( http://shipbucket.com/styleguide ), where the concept of "heavy corners" was explained (specifically here: http://shipbucket.com/styleguide#21 ).
It's something like this:
[ img ]

As for posting three identical drawings that differ only with caption... we don't do it. Especially if they don't differ between each other even with name painted on the hull (it still would be "no", but no differences on the actual ships whatsoever means "total no").
If there was even slightest visible difference between them, it would be a different thing (and I can imagine that in real life there could be such differences between these ships over time, like changes in antenna arrangements, or alteration of liveries, or maybe some changes to equipment...), but as it is, it's simply redundant. :(

[Profile] [Quote]
Drew_Air
Post subject: Re: Gozo Channel Fleet MALTAPosted: January 24th, 2023, 8:01 pm
so is this better in terms of the heavy corners?

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Gozo Channel Fleet MALTAPosted: January 25th, 2023, 9:24 pm
In terms of heavy corners: yes.
In other terms: not much.

[ img ]

I've took the liberty to apply false colors to better see the possible issues, and there are quite a few.
The background color seems to be still in many places of superstructure, shading, which should come from the top-right corner (or from "in front of, and above the bow" - but for this particular view it's the same anyway) comes from both ends, and seems to be applied bit randomly. There's that logo and operator name that's not SB-standard, the blue line above the waterline is made of several shades for some reasons. Colors of bridge windows suggest that they face in different directions, but shading (or rather lack thereof) of the roof suggest that it's shape is rectangular (in plan view) - although the photos of this ferry I saw suggest that it's not the case. Also the black lines on the both ends, parallel to (I imagine) deck level (marked by red arrows), shouldn't be in black, because they are not 90-degree sharp edges nor external contours.
Adding "RO-RO/Passenger ship" to caption is not necessary btw.
And last but not least: why is this template so wide? Standard 1000 pixels would really suffice.

Seriously, I strongly suggest You read carefully the style guidelines and think deeply about them.

[Profile] [Quote]
Drew_Air
Post subject: Re: Gozo Channel Fleet MALTAPosted: January 26th, 2023, 5:26 pm
Wait what do those colours show?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 4  [ 34 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: