Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ] 
MikhailEyio
Post subject: Taihu Lake 600-seat passenger ferryPosted: February 26th, 2023, 9:47 am
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Taihu Lake 600-seat passenger ferryPosted: February 27th, 2023, 7:11 pm
Welcome to the Shipbucket! :)
I hope it won't discourage You, but I have some issues to raise.
I can't comment on accuracy, because I don't know this vessel, so I will only remark on formal/visual issues. One is that shading seems flat - it looks there are some overhangs, but they leave no shade. Also, the color is missing from bottom part of aft-most doors, mast and upper parts of the pillars supporting the top-deck "roof" (they are all in background color). There are some lumps of double black lines. Not sure what are these "U" shaped black things in the stern railing, and below some of passenger cabin windows. Drawing also begs for more detailing (mooring, rescue equipment, door hinges and knobs?) Also, the railings generally should be made in Shipbucket standard (regardless of actual size - there are exceptions, but that's not one of them - generally pillars 6 pixel tall and with 5 pixels of space between them, joined by two horizontal lines).

[Profile] [Quote]
MikhailEyio
Post subject: Re: Taihu Lake 600-seat passenger ferryPosted: February 28th, 2023, 10:49 am
eswube wrote: *
Welcome to the Shipbucket! :)
I hope it won't discourage You, but I have some issues to raise.
I can't comment on accuracy, because I don't know this vessel, so I will only remark on formal/visual issues. One is that shading seems flat - it looks there are some overhangs, but they leave no shade. Also, the color is missing from bottom part of aft-most doors, mast and upper parts of the pillars supporting the top-deck "roof" (they are all in background color). There are some lumps of double black lines. Not sure what are these "U" shaped black things in the stern railing, and below some of passenger cabin windows. Drawing also begs for more detailing (mooring, rescue equipment, door hinges and knobs?) Also, the railings generally should be made in Shipbucket standard (regardless of actual size - there are exceptions, but that's not one of them - generally pillars 6 pixel tall and with 5 pixels of space between them, joined by two horizontal lines).
Got it. Thank you for your suggestions. I'll change it rueal quick.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs”

Jump to: