Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 3  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Duca degli Abruzzi class, the Last of the CommandersPosted: July 30th, 2023, 12:21 pm
That allargato really deserves a closer look and not just the additional views ;) That said, very nice work!

I do have a few minor comments though:
- The shading of the funnel looks a bit weird. The upper, vertical part is shaded round at the back, but the lower part has received a far smaller shaded area, as if those two are not at all connected. The lack of a black line there suggests they are connected though....
- The external frames under the Mk 4 missile launcher deserves some shading under the horizontal components that overhang.
- The shading on the hull and funnel has quite a bit of contrast, but other overhanging parts seem far more subtle, requiring me to really have to look for it. This might deserve some attention.
- The turrets are boxy things on top of a round supporting structure, are they not? Should there not be some shading under its edges?
- Is the large pole on the foremast offset to the side? or is the radar? otherwise there is something wrong, as the radar doesn't seem to be able to rotate currently.

Additionally, a version with the Alpha and/or Polaris missiles would be a direct port to never build designs (and we could link to that drawing in the archive from the wiki articles on those missiles)

[Profile] [Quote]
BvonTeapot
Post subject: Re: Duca degli Abruzzi class, the Last of the CommandersPosted: August 6th, 2023, 3:25 pm
Updated!

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Duca degli Abruzzi class, the Last of the CommandersPosted: August 6th, 2023, 6:16 pm
Very nice work!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
BvonTeapot
Post subject: Re: Duca degli Abruzzi class, the Last of the CommandersPosted: September 2nd, 2023, 7:36 pm
And now gentlemen, I am happy to report that we have reached the finish line: Duca degli Abruzzi's 1956 configuration.

[ img ]

Including an update to Giuseppe Garibaldi's 50s configuration, where the bow shade is a bit too dark.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
BvonTeapot
Post subject: Re: Duca degli Abruzzi class, the Last of the CommandersPosted: September 2nd, 2023, 7:40 pm
With these girls being done, I will be now going and redoing all of the Condottieris starting with Alberto da Giussiano.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Duca degli Abruzzi class, the Last of the CommandersPosted: September 2nd, 2023, 7:53 pm
BvonTeapot wrote: *
With these girls being done, I will be now going and redoing all of the Condottieris starting with Alberto da Giussiano.
Awesome...can't wait to see what comes of this!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 3  [ 26 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3

Jump to: