Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 
devonlord99
Post subject: Ships and Boats of the Colonial Navies of AustraliaPosted: October 5th, 2023, 12:30 am
Armstrong type F1 class flat-iron gunboat HMCS Protector (depicted 1900)
[ img ]
First-class torpedo boat HMVS Countess of Hopetoun (depicted 1899)
[ img ]

Last edited by devonlord99 on October 13th, 2023, 8:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Ships and Boats of the Colonial Navies of AustraliaPosted: October 6th, 2023, 9:52 am
Excellent drawings and great to see more of the Colonial-era Australian boats getting the SB treatment.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
devonlord99
Post subject: Re: Ships and Boats of the Colonial Navies of AustraliaPosted: October 9th, 2023, 10:55 am
Armstrong type B1 flat-iron gunboat HMQS Gayundah (depicted 1899)
[ img ]
Armstrong type B1 flat-iron gunboat HMQS Paluma (depicted 1899)
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Ships and Boats of the Colonial Navies of AustraliaPosted: October 18th, 2023, 9:08 pm
Nice work. Keep it up.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Ships and Boats of the Colonial Navies of AustraliaPosted: October 19th, 2023, 10:01 am
Nice work and keep it up.

I do wonder if the credit line should be more:

Australia, "ship name"
Colony of "..."
(artist name)

Since we don't have a specific section for Australian colony's and we should just collect them under Australia.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Ships and Boats of the Colonial Navies of AustraliaPosted: October 22nd, 2023, 1:21 am
heuhen wrote: *
Snip
Totally distinct entities Heuhen, frankly we should have a seperate sub folders for the colonial forces before 1901. Until 1901 three colonial naval forces were entirely seperate, people could transfer over but it was similar to western navies today in that regard, the navies did most things similar but that didn’t stop them from being seperate agencies with competing interests (esp in 1885) Also most of these vessels would go on to have a seperate Australian service life which would be usually entail modifications or relegation to another role.

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Ships and Boats of the Colonial Navies of AustraliaPosted: October 22nd, 2023, 10:12 am
Rodondo wrote: *
Snip
Totally distinct entities Heuhen, frankly we should have a seperate sub folders for the colonial forces before 1901. Until 1901 three colonial naval forces were entirely seperate, people could transfer over but it was similar to western navies today in that regard, the navies did most things similar but that didn’t stop them from being seperate agencies with competing interests (esp in 1885) Also most of these vessels would go on to have a seperate Australian service life which would be usually entail modifications or relegation to another role.
yes ina perfect world we could, but to add those extra subfolder to the main side, cost money

[Profile] [Quote]
devonlord99
Post subject: Re: Ships and Boats of the Colonial Navies of AustraliaPosted: October 27th, 2023, 2:55 am
Australia, "ship name"
Colony of "..."
(artist name)
There seems to be an existing convention of using the names of the colonies for the colonial navy ships so that's what I used.
I'd be happy to change it if it becomes an issue in the future though. :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs”

Jump to: