Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 208 of 241  [ 2406 posts ]  Go to page « 1206 207 208 209 210241 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: September 22nd, 2019, 8:06 pm
Fantastic work!

[Profile] [Quote]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: September 22nd, 2019, 8:11 pm
Hood wrote: *
Lots of lovely additions to this thread, all of them are good but Darth's Robert E. Lee looks super amazing!
eswube wrote: *
Fantastic work!
Thank you Mate!

Canada - Klondike II
[ img ]

- RHKAAF / HKGFS - 皇家香港輔助空軍 / 政府飛行服務隊
- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: September 22nd, 2019, 8:33 pm
And another fantastic one. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
olekit24
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: September 28th, 2019, 4:00 pm
Something about Vision class cruise ships:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: September 29th, 2019, 2:23 am
Olekit, Again, nice drawing, but we use the ship's registry flag as the one for the name on the template.

[Profile] [Quote]
olekit24
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: September 29th, 2019, 7:49 am
TimothyC wrote: *
Olekit, Again, nice drawing, but we use the ship's registry flag as the one for the name on the template.
Аnd I'll say again that I doubt that Malta is a suitable country for this class of vessels. The ship is operated by a British company, using cheap flag for reducing company's costs.

You all understand why large-capacity vessels are registered in cheap registers of the countries with a cheap flag... So, I'll also say: in relation to the commercial passenger fleet there was a certain practice of using a cheap flag: Europe uses Malta and the Bahamas flags, England - Malta and Bermuda flag, the United States and Canada uses Latin American countries flags.

Why not come to a reasonable rule here: it is clear that a passenger ship with a gross capacity of 80,000 tons can not be attributed to Malta, Liberia, or Panama.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: September 29th, 2019, 7:58 am
Impressive.

P.S. When it comes to upload to Archive, I think we (for the most part, I actually means me) weren't very consistent with it. It seems that for the most part it was uploaded to the folder "whatever was written on the drawing caption". :oops:
I guess that regardless of the outcome of this particular discussion, it would be good to take a look at that.

[Profile] [Quote]
olekit24
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: September 29th, 2019, 8:04 am
Impressive.

P.S. When it comes to upload to Archive, I think we (for the most part, I actually means me) weren't very consistent with it. It seems that for the most part it was uploaded to the folder "whatever was written on the drawing caption". :oops:
I guess that regardless of the outcome of this particular discussion, it would be good to take a look at that.
thanks ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: September 29th, 2019, 8:45 am
Actually it's a serious and important matter and perhaps we should have some discussion and/or "final decision" from Admins about it.

On one hand, using registry flag (both for caption and to decide into which folder file should be uploaded) is most logical, straightforward answer based on "formal" grounds.

On the other, until some +/-50 years ago registry flag and "actual operator country" were usually the same, at least for "respectable" operators, but nowadays, thanks to globalization with all it's pitfalls (like offshore tax heavens and the like) it means that majority of vessels, even those from "respectable" owners ("respectable large multinational corporation" LOL :lol: ) are registered under such flags (Panama, Liberia, Singapore, Marshall Islands) which makes the concept (for Shipbucket purposes) of sorting these ships by country somewhat pointless.
So I see the point of using the "operator country" (again, thanks to tax avoid... sorry, tax optimalization, the "operator company" can be registered on some Cayman Islands, Luxembourg or whatever, so I'd say "actual place of doing business") to decide, perhaps just with added line on caption "registered in Panama/Liberia/Cyprus...".

[Profile] [Quote]
olekit24
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: September 29th, 2019, 12:58 pm
Actually it's a serious and important matter and perhaps we should have some discussion and/or "final decision" from Admins about it.

On one hand, using registry flag (both for caption and to decide into which folder file should be uploaded) is most logical, straightforward answer based on "formal" grounds.

On the other, until some +/-50 years ago registry flag and "actual operator country" were usually the same, at least for "respectable" operators, but nowadays, thanks to globalization with all it's pitfalls (like offshore tax heavens and the like) it means that majority of vessels, even those from "respectable" owners ("respectable large multinational corporation" LOL :lol: ) are registered under such flags (Panama, Liberia, Singapore, Marshall Islands) which makes the concept (for Shipbucket purposes) of sorting these ships by country somewhat pointless.
So I see the point of using the "operator country" (again, thanks to tax avoid... sorry, tax optimalization, the "operator company" can be registered on some Cayman Islands, Luxembourg or whatever, so I'd say "actual place of doing business") to decide, perhaps just with added line on caption "registered in Panama/Liberia/Cyprus...".
I think it would be fair and reasonable to refer the vessel to the country where the operating company is located and doing business and indicate the country of registration of the vessel )

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 208 of 241  [ 2406 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1206 207 208 209 210241 »

Jump to: