Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 240 of 241  [ 2401 posts ]  Go to page « 1237 238 239 240 241 »
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: July 16th, 2022, 5:18 pm
I'm wondering if the shape of the top of the bow, is due to an illusion.

list of things I notice on first glance:
- bow shading isn't correct, look at how "acelanceloet" does it!
- your shading of the entire ship, doesn't really make any sense!, sorry. For example the funnel, you are shading with a dark color forward and aft, we only shade with a dark color aft, and light color forward, due to we illustrate drawings with the light-source coming slightly from the forward section of the ship/drawing.
- There is an anchor in the stern, that should be slightly visible on the drawings, due to it's cutout.
- funnel color of Pullmantur cruises (se pictures)
- shading of the enclosed promenade (se pictures)
- vents on the funnel (se pictures)
- detail on the stern and the wings on the stern (se pictures)
- note that two of the life-boat, is actually motorboats, but from Pullmantur cruises, they are all same lifeboats (probably due to replacement of lifeboats, due to age!) (se pictures)

There is other things, like watermarking for example, but what I have wrote up for now, is enough this time around, the most important things, is to fix the shading:

(bellow several large pictures)

BTW. For the "Pullmantur cruises" at some point it had a blue funnel:
[ img ]

The overhang of the closed promenade deck should perhaps have some darker Grey line, to indicate where the break is:
[ img ]
[ img ]

The vents on the funnel isn't 100% accurate, note access door on the funnel:
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Details of the stern, not how it is shaped at the water line, and also note the wings on the stern:
[ img ]

note that two of the life-boat, is actually motorboats, but from Pullmantur cruises, they are all same lifeboats (probably due to replacement of lifeboats, due to age!):
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Blue_Funnel
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: July 22nd, 2022, 1:37 pm
MV Lochiel (IV) 1939
[ img ]
MV Norwest Laird 1970
[ img ]
MV (Old) Lochiel as floating pub in Bristol 1978
[ img ]
MV (Old) Lochiel (I couldn't find the exact date)
[ img ]
MV (Old) Lochiel (before scrapping in 1995, no exact date too)
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Blue_Funnel
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: July 22nd, 2022, 1:41 pm
MS Abelone Vendila 1954
[ img ]
MS Sperber 1962
[ img ]
MS Eurabia Wave 1975
[ img ]
MS Barba 1979
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: July 23rd, 2022, 9:30 am
Great entries!

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: July 28th, 2022, 12:28 am
These look really good, well done :)

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
olekit24
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: July 31st, 2022, 9:19 pm
Russian modern river-sea cargo ship Project RSD 59

MV Alfa Germes
[ img ]

MV Pola Yaroslava
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: August 6th, 2022, 8:40 am
Excellent! Keep up the great work!

[Profile] [Quote]
olekit24
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: February 7th, 2023, 8:35 pm
Hi again )

Here is modern coastal LNG cruise ship, built in Turkey for norvegian Havila Voyages

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: February 7th, 2023, 9:57 pm
olekit24 wrote: *
Hi again )

Here is modern coastal LNG cruise ship, built in Turkey for norvegian Havila Voyages

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/gwl7cq2sboxwal ... a-2023.png
Just a fast fact check on you information, the ship was build in Turkey: "correct!", but as an empty shell for a Norwegian shipyard, everything else was done in Norway.

You have many problems with shading. I gonna be a bit strict on this, since the drawing in it self is good from the start. (Remember on a shipbucket drawing the light is coming from the front,not from above or from the rear, etc.)

Details, details, details, and more details.

- bellow water line hull shading is partially bad, specially in the bow, but a easy fix, remove all shading in the bow, under water (shading is for 45 degree surface, from the direction you look from!)
- hull shading above water line is really bad. easy fix, remove all shading above the water line in the bow.
- superstructure shading
- window shading (we don't shade windows, it's glass not a solid surface!!)
- shading of the stern is non existing, it is just looking like the stern suddenly stop...

- bow deck, there are to few openings and the are wrong shape, compared to pictures
- The shape of windows are wrong, you don't need to draw them with round corner!
- There are windows that aren't relay a window, but is a glass railing going from deck to roof, for wind protections, that means they should be in a lighter blue color (railing color) and you should be able to see things behind it.
- Windows on top of the bridge is not entirely correct, as it is now, it looks flat, when it is holding the same shape as the bridge.
- The bridge deck and it's wings are wrong, don't let a random picture from the internet trick you.
- 6th deck from the water line, aft. there are things there that isn't correct. I suggest you study pictures of both "Capella" and "Castor"
- Bow shape need to be adjusted.
- missing stabilisator fins and almost everything under water.
- We do have an unwritten rule about railings, that close to everybody follows (that unwritten rule is there to help with detailing what behind it)
- The top deck gang way, should have support under it, it isn't free floating for 20 meters!
- The life-boat and the RHIB is wrong and in wrong color, They are the Norwegian Norsafe life boats, we have parts for correct Norwegian lifeboats, see bellow:
https://i.imgur.com/InklbDS.png
https://i.imgur.com/hu7fWwc.png
- The golden color is wrong
- The golden strip doesn't do that lift at the rear, it's flat.
- The blue hull color is wrong
- I do not agree with the red under water color, it is supposed to be more lighter and pinkish in it's color
- There is many things wrong, this is the correct drawing (see bellow), you have most likely based your drawing on an illustration drawings, is is made for the press and presentation nothing more.
https://i.imgur.com/tVDIJl0.png

- There should be hull markings like: - depth markers; - bulbous bow marker; - bow thruster marker; - pod-propulsion marker; - location of stabilisator fins; - etc. (even marker for tugs)

- there should perhaps be done a port side of the ship as well, since there are some small difference between Starboard and Port side of the ship

I think that should be enough for now.

[Profile] [Quote]
olekit24
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: February 9th, 2023, 7:55 pm
heuhen wrote: *
olekit24 wrote: *
Hi again )

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/gwl7cq2sboxwal ... a-2023.png
Just a fast fact check on you information, the ship was build in Turkey: "correct!", but as an empty shell for a Norwegian shipyard, everything else was done in Norway.

You have many problems with shading. I gonna be a bit strict on this, since the drawing in it self is good from the start. (Remember on a shipbucket drawing the light is coming from the front,not from above or from the rear, etc.)

Details, details, details, and more details.

- bellow water line hull shading is partially bad, specially in the bow, but a easy fix, remove all shading in the bow, under water (shading is for 45 degree surface, from the direction you look from!)
- hull shading above water line is really bad. easy fix, remove all shading above the water line in the bow.
- superstructure shading
- window shading (we don't shade windows, it's glass not a solid surface!!)
- shading of the stern is non existing, it is just looking like the stern suddenly stop...

- bow deck, there are to few openings and the are wrong shape, compared to pictures
- The shape of windows are wrong, you don't need to draw them with round corner!
- There are windows that aren't relay a window, but is a glass railing going from deck to roof, for wind protections, that means they should be in a lighter blue color (railing color) and you should be able to see things behind it.
- Windows on top of the bridge is not entirely correct, as it is now, it looks flat, when it is holding the same shape as the bridge.
- The bridge deck and it's wings are wrong, don't let a random picture from the internet trick you.
- 6th deck from the water line, aft. there are things there that isn't correct. I suggest you study pictures of both "Capella" and "Castor"
- Bow shape need to be adjusted.
- missing stabilisator fins and almost everything under water.
- We do have an unwritten rule about railings, that close to everybody follows (that unwritten rule is there to help with detailing what behind it)
- The top deck gang way, should have support under it, it isn't free floating for 20 meters!
- The life-boat and the RHIB is wrong and in wrong color, They are the Norwegian Norsafe life boats, we have parts for correct Norwegian lifeboats, see bellow:
https://i.imgur.com/InklbDS.png
https://i.imgur.com/hu7fWwc.png
- The golden color is wrong
- The golden strip doesn't do that lift at the rear, it's flat.
- The blue hull color is wrong
- I do not agree with the red under water color, it is supposed to be more lighter and pinkish in it's color
- There is many things wrong, this is the correct drawing (see bellow), you have most likely based your drawing on an illustration drawings, is is made for the press and presentation nothing more.
https://i.imgur.com/tVDIJl0.png

- There should be hull markings like: - depth markers; - bulbous bow marker; - bow thruster marker; - pod-propulsion marker; - location of stabilisator fins; - etc. (even marker for tugs)

- there should perhaps be done a port side of the ship as well, since there are some small difference between Starboard and Port side of the ship

I think that should be enough for now.

Thanks, I'll correct all of that later.

I have studied a lot of photos and pictures, mostly at shipspotting, marinetraffic and havila voyages sites. And also i have picked up the colors from one of the last photos of Capella

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 240 of 241  [ 2401 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1237 238 239 240 241 »

Jump to: