Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 183 of 241  [ 2401 posts ]  Go to page « 1181 182 183 184 185241 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: November 6th, 2016, 12:57 pm
@Novice
Great to see Your new works here!

[Profile] [Quote]
citizen lambda
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: November 6th, 2016, 3:44 pm
Nothing to say on that last one! Not even a stupid joke about Avocadocore as a new musical sub-genre! Looks gorgeous!
And thanks for the explanation, btw.

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: November 6th, 2016, 10:10 pm
Nice to enjoy Novice's work again. Well done mate :D

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
rifleman2
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: November 7th, 2016, 11:18 am
SS Scottish Star, refrigerated cargo ship for Blue Star Line, completed 2 April 1985
SS English Star, refrigerated cargo ship for Blue Star Line, completed 7 January 1986
SS Auckland Star, refrigerated cargo ship for Blue Star Line, completed 21 January 1986
SS Canterbury Star refrigerated cargo ship for Blue Star Line, completed 1 July 1986

has anyone drawn or working on any of the above Harland and Wolff built ships?

[Profile] [Quote]
rd77
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: November 8th, 2016, 9:46 am
Ah a proper classic reefer ship, VERY nice Novice!

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: November 12th, 2016, 5:21 pm
Good morning:
This is a former soviet tanker, Project 15966. In 2006 two of the class were adquiered by the Commercial Maritime Service of the Peruvian Navy. Nesterenko was named Bayovar, and Schmit was named Zorritos.
[ img ]
[ img ]
Credits:
First of all, to Citizen L and Eswube for helping mi in the navegation without charts in a russian page. I appreciate a lot the comments and useful tips of Eswube in fitting the drawings to SB standarts. I owe a lot to Laser One, not only for the crane, tha shape of the funnel, the anchor, the boats and the color of the hull, but for a definitive "Laser Oneish style". And a tribute for all the artists of this site. Making a drawing according to SB standarts is a challenging task! To all of you, thanks.

After editing: Thanks to Andy, now is corrected! Thanks for the advice, Novice. I will try to find vessels with less confusing civil / military status. But your sugestion of a thread of auxiliary vessels will be very useful for the Bucket.

Last edited by reytuerto on November 15th, 2016, 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: November 12th, 2016, 8:35 pm
Indeed a very fine work of art here. One small point is due here non the less.
These are auxiliary ships, and as such are not merchant ships, and this thread is for merchant ships.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: November 13th, 2016, 7:13 am
Please forgive me if I'm speaking out of turn, but to my untrained laymans eye, it would appear that there are no railings along the bulk of the main deck, or down the three flight of stairs on the aft of the super-structure (behind the funnel).

Other than that, GREAT drawing my old chestnut :!:

Jolly well done sir :D

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: November 13th, 2016, 3:03 pm
Thanks a lot for your fededeedback, Novice! Do you know? I was doubting just about it. Finaly I put the pair of tankers in this thread because they are commercialy operated by the Navy (but I don't know if the crew is civilian or navy's personnel), a reason which is somewhat feble. If they are auxiliars, which is the correct thread to place them?

Thanks, Andy! I'm going to fix it this afternoon! (untrained eye!), once again, thanks.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: November 13th, 2016, 10:12 pm
After some looking seems that, those two ships appear to be merchant vessels, but merchant ships usually don't carry a pennant number on their bows. Also, after looking at some AIS data for both ships, it seems that their only port of call was Callao, Peru, which is slightly unusual for a merchant ship of this size (nearly 30,000 DWT). Also a search in Google for these two ships all produced a reference to the Navy of Peru.
A new thread for this two ships is an alternative option, or if you're planning on doing more auxiliaries than maybe a thread devoted to auxiliaries.
All these remarks are just technical, which by no means detract from the excellence of the drawings themselves.
A job well done on these two, and hoping to see more.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 183 of 241  [ 2401 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1181 182 183 184 185241 »

Jump to: