Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: My first Real DesignPosted: June 12th, 2011, 10:48 am
[ img ]

A rather humbling offer to the board, and one that came about by accident really, I present the French Turret Ram Cerbere. It was so strange looking, I just had to do it.

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

Last edited by Obsydian Shade on June 12th, 2011, 12:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: My first Real DesignPosted: June 12th, 2011, 10:51 am
[ img ]

Already done.. 5 months ago. ( The ship as modified in midlife)

[Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: My first Real DesignPosted: June 12th, 2011, 11:16 am
Very lovely! It's very heartening to see I wasn't too far off for a first attempt.

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: My first Real DesignPosted: June 12th, 2011, 11:23 am
Did the midlife modification involve the removal of the sponson type thing that projects outward from the hull where the turret sits? My drawing showed it as being there.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: My first Real DesignPosted: June 12th, 2011, 11:28 am
It's drawn to a French book I got.

[Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: My first Real DesignPosted: June 12th, 2011, 11:32 am
I was using I think a Brassy's drawing--I don't know how reliable those are, however. Very little detail was offered and no underwater sections were shown, so I had to go digging in even more questionable places to find it. Thanks to your work, however, I can make improvements (especially to the AU version, which this is just an incidental by-product of) and get this corrected.

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: My first Real DesignPosted: June 12th, 2011, 11:37 am
Here is what I was working from:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: My first Real DesignPosted: June 12th, 2011, 11:43 am
SpamBot 454 wrote:
Here is what I was working from:

[ img ]

Yeas but she have been rebuilt later.

[Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: My first Real DesignPosted: June 12th, 2011, 11:44 am
Brassy is not that good, I've redraw to French battleships because his drawings were highly wrong!

[Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: My first Real DesignPosted: June 12th, 2011, 11:57 am
Quote:
Brassy is not that good, I've redraw to French battleships because his drawings were highly wrong!
I've always had my suspicions of that, but sometimes, for obscure vessels, he's all one can really find.

I ran across this design by accident, while looking for another one, (Independencia) and decided it was strange enough for what I had planned. Originally, my plan was to hand draw something that was just close, not even thinking of doing a Real design, just something close for my AU, but I started working on it, and decided that I wanted to have my referance on the same page as the one I was drawing on, so reduced the size of the drawing by half so it would fit on my page, and noticed that it scaled nearly perfectly to the given dimentions from my written source, and that the SB railings matched the ones in the drawing exactly, so I more or less drew over top of the original.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: