Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 5  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: HMCS Spitfire, Australia's first Homemande WarshipPosted: June 17th, 2011, 1:18 pm
:lol: Ahh... on the foremast
I'll get that on tomorrow then :lol:

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: HMCS Spitfire, Australia's first Homemande WarshipPosted: June 17th, 2011, 2:55 pm
Would you mind if I did a little work on the rigging? What you have now is quite far from the real deal, so to speak, but I don't think I can explain it properly.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: HMCS Spitfire, Australia's first Homemande WarshipPosted: June 17th, 2011, 7:02 pm
A sailed warship that's hardly larger than some missiles today :D

An interesting and noble effort.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: HMCS Spitfire, Australia's first Homemande WarshipPosted: June 18th, 2011, 1:49 am
@Thiel, I don't mind, this is my first attempt at sail so I was not expecting to get it first shot and I would love to see your version!

@Mihoshik, Thanks,she is very much on the tiny side

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: HMCS Spitfire, Australia's first Homemande WarshipPosted: June 18th, 2011, 9:21 am
Sails down
[ img ]
Sails Up
[ img ]
And with topsails
[ img ]
The exact shape of the sails are based on a generic rigging of the same size. I'm not sure it would carry top sails, but since warships tended to carry as much cloth as they could get away with I think it's likely that they did.

The rig you have drawn is a fairly modern rig that, as far as I'm aware, weren't used until fairly recently.

Worklist

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: HMCS Spitfire, Australia's first Homemande WarshipPosted: June 18th, 2011, 9:42 am
If you've got good enough references, you should try and draw her in FD scale (22px=1m) Looks good though!!!

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: HMCS Spitfire, Australia's first Homemande WarshipPosted: June 18th, 2011, 10:28 am
:o WOW Thiel!

Amazing and this rig looks much better! Like you said, my rig is fairly modern but yours is just breathtaking!

@Jabba, references for old Aussie warships are rare as hen's teeth unfortunately :(

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: HMCS Spitfire, Australia's first Homemande WarshipPosted: June 18th, 2011, 11:48 am
A minor update. I'd forgotten the back-stay and the chain plates.
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Worklist

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: HMCS Spitfire, Australia's first Homemande WarshipPosted: June 18th, 2011, 12:09 pm
I take my hat off to you Thiel

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: HMCS Spitfire, Australia's first Homemande WarshipPosted: June 18th, 2011, 12:20 pm
Rodondo wrote:
I take my hat off to you Thiel
15 years of practical experience does give me an experience when it comes to sailing ships.

Worklist

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 5  [ 42 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: