Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 6 of 9  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8 9 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: January 13th, 2014, 8:16 am
Great to see this thread running. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: January 13th, 2014, 9:35 am
Thanks Eswube!

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: September 25th, 2014, 2:37 am
HMVS Gannet was a commissioned ship in the VCN, operating with the harbour trust as well, she could ship a 6" forwards and could steam at up to 12 knots, making it a useful and maneuverable gunboat auxiliary, launched in 1884, she would go on to have one of the longest careers of any VCN ships, lasting until 1946.

[ img ]

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: September 25th, 2014, 7:01 am
Very nice Rodondo!

[Profile] [Quote]
Wizard
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: September 25th, 2014, 1:01 pm
:) Like.

You've taken this from the picture of Gannet and Commissioner together haven't you?

I have another picture from the RAN's Heritage Gallery showing her with a light bridge structure and a different colour scheme.

[Profile] [Quote]
ONI-Defense
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: September 25th, 2014, 9:18 pm
I can't see the image unfortunately. Is majhost down or does Chrome not display images from that image host?

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: September 26th, 2014, 4:59 am
Wizard wrote:
:) Like.

You've taken this from the picture of Gannet and Commissioner together haven't you?

I have another picture from the RAN's Heritage Gallery showing her with a light bridge structure and a different colour scheme.
Wow I wasnt aware of the Gannet and Commissioner photo. Mainly I used the painting of the VCN fleet, in combination of the pictures of her time as a tug in Fremantle which is were she gained that bridge structure, paint scheme and lost a mast but was able to see where original features were

[ img ]
ONI-Defense wrote:
I can't see the image unfortunately. Is majhost down or does Chrome not display images from that image host?
Shouldn't be, majhost seems to be working fine

[Profile] [Quote]
Wizard
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: September 26th, 2014, 4:19 pm
So you found the picture of Gannet and Commissioner on the State Library of Victoria site? (Ref: H2012.262/9) ...or RAN Heritage Gallery Ref: 00602_Commissioner

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: September 26th, 2014, 5:26 pm
Great addition. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: October 1st, 2014, 6:51 am
Wizard wrote:
So you found the picture of Gannet and Commissioner on the State Library of Victoria site? (Ref: H2012.262/9) ...or RAN Heritage Gallery Ref: 00602_Commissioner
Yes, thank-you, it was most informative and I have added details from the photo to the drawing
eswube wrote:
Great addition. :)
Thanks Eswube

[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 6 of 9  [ 87 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8 9 »

Jump to: