Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 9  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 69 »
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: June 26th, 2012, 2:19 am
@Ace-Thanks, for the positive feed back :) , I might, in waiting for Bezobrazov's references, do her as launched were thinner masts where installed as flag poles for the ceremony

@Bombhead-Thanks but Bezobrazov has provided a more accurate source, thanks however and it is appreciated

@Bezbrazov-If you can, that would be fantastic. I was originally going to go with something like Bombhead suggested but if you can do that that'd be excellent :) I have only one picture of the Figurehead but its pretty bashed up and from the front so any additional material would be fantastic

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: June 26th, 2012, 1:28 pm
Rodondo, while I try to dig into my (now rather scattered references) - I'd recommend you to check every available book by the British naval historian Andrew Lambert. He's the true authority on this era! As for using Bombhead's Victory plan - yes, you can, since in principle the Nelson carried the same. However, considering the increased size of the Nelson (205-6 vs 186-6 ft) you'll have to adjust mast and spar sizes accordingly, say 10-15%.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: July 2nd, 2012, 9:06 am
Little Updates:

Cerberus has been fixed up with some stray pixels fixed.
[ img ]

Of course the threat of covertly laid enemy torpedoes (mines) in the Bay was of great concern so the following was seriously proposed early on, using her masts as spars
[ img ]

Later in 1872 she was "Of late, painted a dull grey color all over"
[ img ]

And a preview of her appearance upon arrival in Melbourne
[ img ]

Nelson and her updated selves later on

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: November 28th, 2012, 5:55 am
Now that Exams are over (thankfully) I have been able to update the Fawkner and Batman and complete the Cerberus in her first few years

[Profile] [Quote]
denodon
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: November 28th, 2012, 6:14 am
Nice updates for sure. Made a start on the Victoria yet? I did have some good images of her and Nelson but I can't remember where I put them. They were given to me by a friend years ago. Maybe not good for drawing from but certainly interesting.

I'll have to rummage around and find them.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: November 28th, 2012, 6:18 am
Thanks, I haven't started on the Victoria yet, waiting to finish the Nelson. But yes any source material is certainly welcome and probably needed.

[Profile] [Quote]
denodon
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: November 28th, 2012, 6:53 am
No worries. I'll have a look tomorrow (if the 38c temperature allow) and see if I can find them. I know I put them in a folder of images, just a matter if finding it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: August 2nd, 2013, 8:03 am
Added the diminutive Gordon finally

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: August 2nd, 2013, 10:28 am
Splendid! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: August 2nd, 2013, 10:39 am
Thanks Eswube!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 9  [ 87 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 69 »

Jump to: