Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 3  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3
ReiAyanami
Post subject: Re: Wild Beast class destroyers (1912)Posted: July 10th, 2011, 12:55 am
ReiAyanami wrote:
[ img ]
[ img ]
Well, here we are
[ img ]
I don't want to push it a lot, cause I want to move on, but in 1942 they were rebuilt for a econd time. In HN site it says:
Quote:
In 1942 the 3rd and 4th guns of the stern torpedo tubes were removed and one 3-inch A/A gun, one 20 mm Oerlikon gun and an A/S type 123A detection device were added
But unfortunately I can't find good photos of this configuration

Last edited by ReiAyanami on July 10th, 2011, 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: Wild Beast class destroyers (1912)Posted: July 10th, 2011, 10:08 am
Looks great in the camo scheme. The windows are incomplete under B Gun though. Also, I think the black/grey waterline/boot should also be on the 1912 drawing.

Good stuff, I attempted something similar with UK destroyers (A Class Destroyer) but I think you have really captured the detail on this one, it's good to see the evolution of a ship/class over the years, especially when two World Wars are involved.

[Profile] [Quote]
ReiAyanami
Post subject: Re: Wild Beast class destroyers (1912)Posted: July 10th, 2011, 10:21 am
Yes you are right, shaky hands when drawing with the ms paint pencil, I just edited the above link so it is ok now. Strange that they didn't get a brittish dazzle camouflage, when they were basicaly serving along the Royal Navy, like most of the fleet after the fall of Greece.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 3  [ 23 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3

Jump to: