Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 3  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3
dreadnaught111
Post subject: Re: Royal Navy early carriersPosted: August 9th, 2011, 8:39 pm
You did an excellent job on her! I especially like her camo. We don't have enough ships in dazzle colors! :mrgreen:

I read somewhere that the RN tried to sell her back to Chile, but they wanted her to be converted back to a battleship. The RN then offered the two surviving "Invincibles," then the "Princess Royal." Chile then changed its mind and wanted her as an aircraft carrier, but by this point, she couldn't afford the aircraft that'd be needed. As a result, the RN kept her. One wonders what would've happened had Chile acquired her. (Or had she been completed as a battleship for that matter...)

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Royal Navy early carriersPosted: August 9th, 2011, 8:57 pm
dreadnaught111 wrote:
You did an excellent job on her! I especially like her camo. We don't have enough ships in dazzle colors! :mrgreen:

I read somewhere that the RN tried to sell her back to Chile, but they wanted her to be converted back to a battleship. The RN then offered the two surviving "Invincibles," then the "Princess Royal." Chile then changed its mind and wanted her as an aircraft carrier, but by this point, she couldn't afford the aircraft that'd be needed. As a result, the RN kept her. One wonders what would've happened had Chile acquired her. (Or had she been completed as a battleship for that matter...)
Yea indeed! I have read that aswell!

[Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Royal Navy early carriersPosted: August 11th, 2011, 10:19 pm
A damn good drawing Novice :D I'm just a little bit sad that you haven't credited the badge :cry:

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Royal Navy early carriersPosted: August 12th, 2011, 2:45 pm
This is really superb, congratulations Novice :D And yes, it is remarkable that such an iconic warship is only now getting a fitting representation - so how many more are there waiting?

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Royal Navy early carriersPosted: August 12th, 2011, 4:28 pm
Kim
I'm so sorry. Indeed you should be credited, and You will be when I re-post it with a top view (and maybe port side view)

Bill
Thank you for your kind words. HMS Hermes, HMS Argus HMS Engadine (already started) and HMS Ark Royal are all to be done (I have modified my work list accordingly)

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 3  [ 25 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3

Jump to: