Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 7 of 9  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page « 15 6 7 8 9 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: Defending Trade: Sloops to Frigates.Posted: December 5th, 2011, 10:13 am
Great drawings!
Can't wait to see the 'presidential yacht'. :)
If that could help You, here's the info about the ship from the Jane's Fighting Ships 1953-1954, although of relatively poor quality (I have access only to scan in pdf format)

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee4 ... r-domi.jpg

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Defending Trade: Sloops to Frigates.Posted: December 5th, 2011, 4:53 pm
Thanks for the scan :) It looks like the forard part of the ship is mostly unchanged, apart form waht looks like a slight build up where the rails should be; so I should be able to do a version sometime - and that will be interesting 8-)

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Defending Trade: Sloops to Frigates.Posted: December 23rd, 2011, 7:03 pm
US Tacoma class. Based on the RN and RCN River class, these ships were built in commercial yards on the Great lakes and the West Coast. Never popular with the USN 'brass hats', because not built to warship specs, they were Coast Guard crewed, and served well in the latter period of WWII, mostly in the Pacific. Certainly, they were weaker than contemporary DE's, but also had double the endurance, had good seakeeping, and provided a large number of hulls at short notice. Probably the best testiment to these ships was that many of them ended up in foreign navies. The Alberuquerque was no exception. After serving in the USN, she was lend leased to the USSR, returned in 1949, then recommiosned in USN service for Korea, then sold to the JMSDF, where she served until the 1960's. One minor point, no scuttles, as the USN used forced draft ventillation, so they were hot in warmer climes.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: Defending Trade: Sloops to Frigates.Posted: December 23rd, 2011, 7:23 pm
Great as always. But I would revise all the guns except for 20mm. Both types are represented in either the USN parts sheet or the corresponding thread.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Defending Trade: Sloops to Frigates.Posted: December 23rd, 2011, 9:00 pm
This is really great addittion! You guys still know the uploading is open untill tommorow, so be sure to submit stuff if you want them on this round

Also, I like the guns... specially the 40mm mount. Its actually one of the first ones not drawn by me that actually looks like spot on 8-) :roll:

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Defending Trade: Sloops to Frigates.Posted: December 23rd, 2011, 9:42 pm
Umm.. the pic has disappeared? :?

[Profile] [Quote]
graham
Post subject: Re: Defending Trade: Sloops to Frigates.Posted: December 24th, 2011, 12:20 am
Great work as always Bill, any way here a link to some more interesting versions of the very duriable "river Class frigrate"

http://s719.photobucket.com/albums/ww199/graham003/

Graham

[Profile] [Quote]
Radome
Post subject: Re: Defending Trade: Sloops to Frigates.Posted: December 24th, 2011, 1:16 am
Can't see the picture :(

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Defending Trade: Sloops to Frigates.Posted: December 24th, 2011, 9:48 am
Where is the picture Bill?

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Defending Trade: Sloops to Frigates.Posted: December 24th, 2011, 10:28 am
Methinks she's gone back to the builders yard for more work!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 7 of 9  [ 88 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 15 6 7 8 9 »

Jump to: