Treasury-class high endurance cutters
Seven cutters were built in 1936-1937 and named after secretaries of Treasury.
WPG-32 Campbell as in 1940 before sailing to Portugal. This is probably the earliest modification of the Treasury class when the seaplane was removed and a third 5"/51 gun was installed instead. The 6-pounders on the bridge were replaced with a 3"/50 gun and another 3"/50 was mounted aft on a raised platform.
WPG-34 Hamilton as in 1941 wearing the "Measure One" camo scheme.
Sadly, she was torpedoed by a German sub and sunk near Iceland coast in 1942 becoming the only war loss of her class.
WPG-36 Spencer as she appeared in June 1942. The camo pattern is an irregular version of the Measure 12 scheme.
WPG-37 Taney after her modification in 1944. She was the only cutter of Treasury class to have four 5" guns.
WPG-35 Ingham in 1944 wearing Measure 32 camo and armed with two 5"/38 guns in open mounts.
Duane was converted to an Amphibious Force Flagship (WAGC-6) in 1944. All guns had been replaced with AA artillery for supporting troops during landing.
WPG-31 Bibb in 1955 in a typical post-war configuration.
In 1965 the six remaining cutters of Treasury class were reclassified as WHEC and re-fit to the same standard.