Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 3  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 »
heuhen
Post subject: Redone/update Fridtjof Nansen class HNoMS Thor HeyerdahlPosted: December 11th, 2011, 11:00 pm
Found out that I should give Fridtjof Nansen class F314 HNoMS Thor Heyerdahl an update. And while I was going at it, I made as well the B-side too. Had to do some changes on it so it would be a little more organized. I have upgraded HNoMS Thor Heyerdahl to how she looked under Flotex 2011. so currently she is the most complete ship in the Navy!

But if I have done something wrong then you have to blame bezobrazov because he just gave me:
Quote:
here - some 325 Aspirin with two 7.5/650 Vicodin! Should prevent you from exploding; should prevent you from prety much anything else... 8-) ;) :lol:
[ img ]

[ img ]

Last edited by heuhen on December 13th, 2011, 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Redone/update Fridtjof Nansen class HNoMS Thor HeyerdahlPosted: December 12th, 2011, 12:00 am
:D :lol: :D :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: Redone/update Fridtjof Nansen class HNoMS Thor HeyerdahlPosted: December 12th, 2011, 3:15 pm
Really nice Heuhen! I think top view finalizes complete presentation. However, aren't there bridge windows missing on starboard side of top view?
One question: what means "low cost ASW"? TERNE perhaps? And if it is, where they are going to install it?

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Redone/update Fridtjof Nansen class HNoMS Thor HeyerdahlPosted: December 12th, 2011, 4:09 pm
[ img ]

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Redone/update Fridtjof Nansen class HNoMS Thor HeyerdahlPosted: December 12th, 2011, 4:48 pm
Thanks KimWerner for the CoA

and sebu:

Terne is to old, but it is still quite effective. But actually I do not know what those guys mean by low cost ASW (Terne is relatively expensive in itself, and the whole new system must be built into the existing system and that can be expensive)

windows: I'll take and fix that.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Redone/update Fridtjof Nansen class HNoMS Thor HeyerdahlPosted: December 12th, 2011, 5:31 pm
As has been correctly pointed out elsewhere, the illuminators on this class have a three-bar support for the front reflector, not four (like SPG-60), with one support near the bottom of the dish. The dark spots near the four corners of the SPY-1F are much less prominent than indicated on the drawing, and these radar arrays are 8ft x 8ft (yours are 19px high). There is some indication of a border around the radar face proper, so I would probably make them 18px high (13px wide when shown at a 45deg angle).

Otherwise a great drawing.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Redone/update Fridtjof Nansen class HNoMS Thor HeyerdahlPosted: December 12th, 2011, 7:08 pm
erik_t wrote:
As has been correctly pointed out elsewhere, the illuminators on this class have a three-bar support for the front reflector, not four (like SPG-60), with one support near the bottom of the dish. The dark spots near the four corners of the SPY-1F are much less prominent than indicated on the drawing, and these radar arrays are 8ft x 8ft (yours are 19px high). There is some indication of a border around the radar face proper, so I would probably make them 18px high (13px wide when shown at a 45deg angle).

Otherwise a great drawing.
thx! will take to look at it when I have the chance later tonight, or tomorrow. for it is just so much weird stuff around me now. And as I write this there are someone who push snow down my neck! :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Redone/update Fridtjof Nansen class HNoMS Thor HeyerdahlPosted: December 12th, 2011, 7:53 pm
erik_t wrote:
As has been correctly pointed out elsewhere, the illuminators on this class have a three-bar support for the front reflector, not four (like SPG-60), with one support near the bottom of the dish.
Those are mine, and I had a dickens of a time trying to get them right. I think that in the side view , if the single pixel closest to the outside of the dish, but that was still a part of the support was removed it would have the desired effect.

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Redone/update Fridtjof Nansen class HNoMS Thor HeyerdahlPosted: December 12th, 2011, 10:23 pm
heuhen wrote:
Thanks KimWerner for the CoA
;) Don't thank me, it is your own drawing, but I saw you didn't had text in the name bar on your excellent drawing above. 8-)

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Redone/update Fridtjof Nansen class HNoMS Thor HeyerdahlPosted: December 12th, 2011, 10:32 pm
heuhen, since it's your own CoA, you really don't need that courtesy credit; in fact, it rather looks corny having it there...

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 3  [ 26 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 »

Jump to: