Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Project 1144 Remake&RemodelPosted: September 27th, 2010, 2:21 pm
Quote:
Whoa, hadn't noticed this behind all the bullshit going on here...

Very nice.
well honestly, the rage inside me from the afromentioned BS fueled me to do this what I had planned for rather long now.
Quote:
^- colour and small refits
And the refit of the remaining unactive ships?
(as i read somewhere more modern radar's, and new ciws+ missile layout)
when I know excat details of the rumored modernisations, I will naturally update her once again.
But like I said in before, the color shceme I'm using is the best that MS Paint can correspond to the color.
Once I get enough free time, I could try to improve it even better looking the dark green that the current Russian ships are actually painted for.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Project 1144 Remake&RemodelPosted: September 27th, 2010, 8:47 pm
Either way, these are really good. The addition of the underwater hull gives them a lot more "mass" than they had before. Definitely frightening surface combatants.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Project 1144 Remake&RemodelPosted: October 3rd, 2010, 10:41 am
A vast improvement on the old Kirov on the bucket in every way (it now looks attractive as well as mighty). I never realised that the underwater section of hull was so bumpy and lumpy. Those fins or whatever they are must create some drag but perhaps they were neccessary to counterbalance the topweight?

Unusual stern sonar too, wouldn't a sonar be useless in that positions above the screws?

Artistically this is shipbucket at its finest.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
meyer
Post subject: Re: Project 1144 Remake&RemodelPosted: October 4th, 2010, 7:57 am
Those "fins" are the cooling water inlets for the reactor. Most russian modern nuclear subs also have them.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 14 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: