Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
Gollevainen
Post subject: ***EVERYBODY READS AND SIGNS THIS****Posted: June 27th, 2012, 11:52 am
This thing is not working

In the last uploading session, I had to discard half of all submitted drawings, not becouse there were anything wrong in them drawing vice, but since you guys repeatedly fail at naming the files correctly.

Now, you all know how the mainsite works. Links...just links to the filenames of the ships.
so imagine yourself how it is to navigate trough something like:
UNAMED
HMS20%something20%in20%year20%something
Myssore
Irishprojectg9
giejeojeioi

and ect...
Makes lot of sense, eh? Thats, even from the days of the actual "buckect", the photobucket account, we learned the art of naming files. It since evolped, but the idea remains simple.

Abrrevation of the ship type, ship name, additional stuff like year in way like:
DDKempfelt1943
or DD Kempfelt in 1943, if you know how your uploading sites handle spacebar in the filenamings.
nothing more, and nothing less.
With warships, use the NATO/Janes/Soviet naming destignation, as you please, but allways have some abbrevation at the start of the file.
With civilian ships use SS for steam ships, and MS for motor ships, and if you don't know the difference, don't drawn them. Or ask help, there are plenty of those here who just love to shine in helping people in obvious things.
Or name them Y for yacth for all I care. But dont just give me file that Says "Bore"

HMS something migth sound regal and Nice, and if you insist using such, use it DD HMS Kempfelt....but having all folder full of HMS somethings is not going to ease anything, since the logic of the site works on the abrrevations for ships type. thats the key.

Also, the old bucket account needed Nation spesific TAGs for proper alphapethical order, and this seems to stick as habbit for some older geezers, but try to understand that in the new site its not needed any more and just adds on to the mess.

Now, since this has pissed me off so much and since its quite a hard to keep up the mainsite when I need to correct and fix myself these things that should be on your responsibility, Ive locked all the threads except this one. I urge anyone sign in here that they've read what I've said here and understood it as well.

Also, use this thread for ranting over these actions, don't fill my PM folder for it.
I will open the threads after the bulk of the community have read and signed this thread.
For the uploading, I will inform later

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: ***EVERYBODY READS AND SINGS THIS****Posted: June 27th, 2012, 2:12 pm
My merchant ships were allways had the SS or MS and variations.
Here are the commonly used titles for merchant ships
SS is Steam Ship. Most pre-war ships are names SS
MS is Motor ship. All diesel engined ships are motor ships
MV is Motor Vessel and is used for smaller diesel engined craft, like coasters.
RMS is Royal Mail Ship and is uniquely for British ships used to carry the mails. Was used mainly for passenger ships, but some cargo ships were also RMS.
ST is for Steam Tankers
MT is for Motor Tankers
CV is container vessel and was used by american companies to indicate Containers ships in the early years of containerisation.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: ***EVERYBODY READS AND SINGS THIS****Posted: June 27th, 2012, 2:16 pm
CV is indeed container ship, But I dis advice to use it, rather use MV, because misunderstandings and confusions bij ''Carrier''

[Quote]
sepperson
Post subject: Re: ***EVERYBODY READS AND SINGS THIS****Posted: June 27th, 2012, 4:49 pm
Understood. Hand salute, POST

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: ***EVERYBODY READS AND SINGS THIS****Posted: June 27th, 2012, 6:22 pm
Roger...

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: ***EVERYBODY READS AND SINGS THIS****Posted: June 27th, 2012, 6:49 pm
Message received and understood Guvnor. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: ***EVERYBODY READS AND SINGS THIS****Posted: June 27th, 2012, 6:54 pm
Uh, Golly, why So many Posts of the same thing, or were you just covering all the Forums?

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: ***EVERYBODY READS AND SINGS THIS****Posted: June 27th, 2012, 7:04 pm
nighthunter wrote:
Uh, Golly, why So many Posts of the same thing, or were you just covering all the Forums?
because everywhere where you look around, you will see this message, and you cannot turn around it, a show off of power ;)

[Quote]
Radome
Post subject: Re: ***EVERYBODY READS AND SINGS THIS****Posted: June 27th, 2012, 9:04 pm
I know my filenames are wrong. but thats because the host i use. Imageshack changes all my files to somethig%20blahblah123.
Note to myself not to use it anymore.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: ***EVERYBODY READS AND SINGS THIS****Posted: June 27th, 2012, 9:10 pm
I advice dropbox, if you want to change anyways. it is IMO the best except for having your own server space
http://db.tt/LHUeUqx0 ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: