Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 11  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 511 »
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Königsberg- (K-class) cruisersPosted: July 6th, 2012, 10:17 pm
@DG_Alpha: My apologies, you're quite right about the badge for DKM Königsberg. I'm looking forward to that you post both the badge for DKM Königsberg and SMS Königsberg in German CoA thread (I can see you already made a WIP for the SMS CoA ;) ).
BTW if I haven't mentioned it, I'm very fond of your drawing, and I will submit Bombhead: Why do you have it in the beginners forum?

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: Königsberg- (K-class) cruisersPosted: July 6th, 2012, 10:36 pm
I'm busy over the weekend, so all the issues with the ship will probably be adressed over the next week. Just let me say thank to everyone for the nice comments. This was my first 'big' ship (and second overall) and I'm glad it's so well recieved.

@Kim: I only made a badge for DKM Königsberg, feel free to add it to the list. If you are reffering to the 'WIP' to my earlier posts, there is no WIP, these are resized images from the Internet, used as reference for the DKM badge. :D Maybe I'll modify it to fit the SMS variant in the future.

(Funny thing I discovered a while ago on Wikipedia: Check out the main picture for SMS Nürnberg, Königsberg-class of 1905, on Wiki and especially the ships bow ornament. Having done a crest for a later Nürnberg, I was a bit confused at first...)

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Königsberg- (K-class) cruisersPosted: July 7th, 2012, 2:30 pm
Splendid work! Wish You many more so well received ships. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Königsberg- (K-class) cruisersPosted: July 7th, 2012, 4:28 pm
Dear friend, we understand your busyness. I am experiencing such times too. Now, if you oblige and will correct what may err (really very little!), I am prepared to recommend that this thread should be moved to Real Designs instead, where it ought to properly belong!

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Königsberg- (K-class) cruisersPosted: July 7th, 2012, 5:41 pm
Well, yes, this should be 'promoted' ...done :)

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Königsberg- (K-class) cruisersPosted: July 9th, 2012, 9:24 pm
Very impressive...looking forward to seeing more drawings of this class! I don't recall if someone has already drawn DKM Emden or not.

-Matt

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Weisman
Post subject: Re: Königsberg- (K-class) cruisersPosted: July 10th, 2012, 5:04 pm
Еxcellent work! ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: Königsberg- (K-class) cruisersPosted: July 11th, 2012, 2:41 pm
[ img ]

I made some fixes to teh aft underwater hull. As for the stairs aft, they are three pixels thick because I went by the rule: "If you can stand on it, it has to three pixels thick" for platforms. Does this also apply to stairs?

For other versions in the future I want to know if there are any versions or ships with twin 88mm Flaks L/76 C/32 out there. That would help. Thanks.

[Profile] [Quote]
travestytrav25
Post subject: Re: Königsberg- (K-class) cruisersPosted: July 11th, 2012, 3:23 pm
A very nice final product. Your aft stairs look fine to me.

Apparently the Leipzig class light cruisers also had the C/32 Flaks. According to Navweaps.com some of them were also exported to Spain, but I haven't been able to find any Spanish ships that had them.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Königsberg- (K-class) cruisersPosted: July 11th, 2012, 4:54 pm
Excellent end product! The stern now looks spot-on clean and tidy! One thing, however, to make the overall presentation more pleasing: if you take a look at my and others drawings with badges or crests attached, you'll notice that they're affixed to the left (looking forward-aft) of the ship and lifted either Evelyn with ship or above it, depending on the size of the crest. In your case, your badge is not that big that it'll fit far off to the left, but rather should be positioned just to the right of the name and country tag. Right now the image is sort of spoiled by the fact that the amazing looking crest is kinda floating in the air. Hopefully I made some sense of this rambling... 8-) otherwise your ship and the crest are beautifully executed!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 11  [ 109 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 511 »

Jump to: