Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 11  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 611 »
Cybermax
Post subject: Re: Königsberg- (K-class) cruisersPosted: July 11th, 2012, 8:20 pm
Great addition to the Kriegsmarine collection!

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Königsberg- (K-class) cruisersPosted: July 11th, 2012, 11:54 pm
Awesome result DG_Alpha :D I agree with Bezobrazov concerning your badge (which I'll add to German CoA's). Lift it up and move it to the right ;)

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Königsberg- (K-class) cruisersPosted: July 12th, 2012, 10:09 am
Impressive stuff. A well drawn ship, a well deserved promotion to active status!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: Königsberg- (K-class) cruisersPosted: July 12th, 2012, 4:57 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
Excellent end product! The stern now looks spot-on clean and tidy! One thing, however, to make the overall presentation more pleasing: if you take a look at my and others drawings with badges or crests attached, you'll notice that they're affixed to the left (looking forward-aft) of the ship and lifted either Evelyn with ship or above it, depending on the size of the crest. In your case, your badge is not that big that it'll fit far off to the left, but rather should be positioned just to the right of the name and country tag. Right now the image is sort of spoiled by the fact that the amazing looking crest is kinda floating in the air. Hopefully I made some sense of this rambling... 8-) otherwise your ship and the crest are beautifully executed!
Well, I sticked with 'badge place' given by the template, although to be honest I wasn't satisfied with the place either. I moved it, do think it looks better now?

[Profile] [Quote]
Weisman
Post subject: Re: Königsberg- (K-class) cruisersPosted: July 12th, 2012, 5:47 pm
Two small comments if you allow. Direction of light and the inner contour of turreted towers.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Königsberg- (K-class) cruisersPosted: July 12th, 2012, 6:36 pm
Gotta say, im glad I did not venture to drawn this back in the days, since this is quite exelent rendition. The torbedoes shown in the sheet is bit superficial, but othervice I have no complaint.
Welcome aboard the Shipbucket community ;)

Of the twin 88mm theyve not properly drawn into the bucket so Im afraid you have to test your skills drawing them yourself.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Königsberg- (K-class) cruisersPosted: July 12th, 2012, 6:57 pm
Yep, I'm satisfied, so unless our resident heraldic expert, Kim has any objections, then you're done, and a big Congrats to that!

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Königsberg- (K-class) cruisersPosted: July 12th, 2012, 9:19 pm
My only suggestion DG.Make a larger version of that superb badge and put the drawing on a larger template. :idea:

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: Königsberg- (K-class) cruisersPosted: July 12th, 2012, 10:12 pm
I could do that, but that would mean that I would have to enlarge the badges for Karlsruhe and Köln (Which I already have)as well :P
Also, while working on Karlsruhe, i think I found some minor things I need to change on Königsberg as well. It feels like a never-ending struggle...

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Königsberg- (K-class) cruisersPosted: July 12th, 2012, 10:17 pm
Can't wait to see the next ships!

-Matt

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 11  [ 109 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 611 »

Jump to: