Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 6  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Novice
Post subject: Re: Japan - Ise Class Battleship.Posted: September 11th, 2012, 4:46 pm
I might be able to find a nice line drawing for you, given time that is.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Japan - Ise Class Battleship.Posted: September 11th, 2012, 4:54 pm
Ise 1944
[ img ]

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Weisman
Post subject: Re: Japan - Ise Class Battleship.Posted: September 11th, 2012, 5:39 pm
I have Hyuga (1936), if you want.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - Ise Class Battleship.Posted: September 11th, 2012, 5:50 pm
Weisman wrote:
I have Hyuga (1936), if you want.
Yes thanks, that would be useful as it would depict the ship after it's main reconstruction (and thus almost identycal to her WWII configuration before the hybrid conversion).

Also, Novice, thanks for your efforts, i really appreciate it, unfortunately i have discovered that this drawing (i have already used as a first source) it's not correct when it comes to proportions and pagoda-mast shape; i will explain better why later (dinner impending).
My thanks to you again, anyway :)

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Weisman
Post subject: Re: Japan - Ise Class Battleship.Posted: September 11th, 2012, 6:40 pm
IJN Hyuga 1936
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - Ise Class Battleship.Posted: September 11th, 2012, 6:50 pm
The problem with the Ise references started when i had almost completed tracing the 1944 Ise in hybrid Battleship-carrier configuration, while searching details for the pagoda-mast (wich appeared different in many drawings supposed to shown the battleship in the same configuration) i found this site wich claimed to contain the most accurate drawing of warship that can be found around.
The site shows this preview for the pagoda-mast of IJN ise (the whole drawing can be acquired for 24 bucks)
[ img ]
it can be found here, just scroll down, and it's shape matches that of other source drawings and unfortunateli not the one i was working on.
I initially tought of just swapping the pagoda-masts once i have scaled the other drawings at the same dimensions but here the other main problems comes to the surface, the proportions of my first source.

Here are the drawings i have used or i'm planning to use:

Hyuga in 1918
[ img ]

Ise in 1944 (first version)
[ img ]

Ise in 1944 (second version)
[ img ]

now overlapping the drawings reveals easily why i was forced to start all overd and search for new sources:

1944 (2) over 1918
[ img ]

1944 (1) over 1944 (2)
[ img ]

edit: Weisman, You Saved My Day
(Actually after checking again with other drawing it comes out that there is still the funnel-mainmast spacing issue, the pagoda looks correct tough, so it could be easier to fix, moreover it's the only full drawing that shows the battleship in its 1936-1942 configuration)

-Koko - Civil Aviation

Last edited by BB1987 on September 11th, 2012, 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Japan - Ise Class Battleship.Posted: September 11th, 2012, 7:57 pm
9/10 of all drawings are happen to have that problem with propotions. No one can disagree..

[Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - Ise Class Battleship.Posted: September 11th, 2012, 10:15 pm
I have decided to bypass the problems and build the 1939 Ise onto the 1917 one; i have alredy lengthened the hull and i will add torpedo bulges later, then i will kitbash the refitted superstructure onto the present one.

[ img ]

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: Japan - Ise Class Battleship.Posted: September 12th, 2012, 12:01 am
Loving this so far, MORE! :D

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Japan - Ise Class Battleship.Posted: September 12th, 2012, 1:26 am
Looking great!

-Matt

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 6  [ 58 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: