Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
Rhade
Post subject: Re: "Great days of the small fleet" Polish Navy 1918 - 1939Posted: November 3rd, 2010, 9:21 pm
Gollevainen also correct my mistakes in first version of Gryf, that's why his name is in credit in both versions. About main site, there is two Żbik and two Orzeł subs ... but they are identical. Mistake or error ?

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: "Great days of the small fleet" Polish Navy 1918 - 1939Posted: November 3rd, 2010, 9:22 pm
I believe they were uploaded twice by mistake.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: "Great days of the small fleet" Polish Navy 1918 - 1939Posted: November 8th, 2010, 6:57 pm
If somebody try to make Vickers 40mm gun in shipbucket scale ?

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: "Great days of the small fleet" Polish Navy 1918 - 1939Posted: November 8th, 2010, 7:03 pm
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: "Great days of the small fleet" Polish Navy 1918 - 1939Posted: November 8th, 2010, 7:15 pm
Hot damn! thanks Gollevainen. :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: "Great days of the small fleet" Polish Navy 1918 - 1939Posted: November 9th, 2010, 12:17 pm
[ img ]

ORP Wicher (English: Gale), the lead ship of her class, built at Chantiers Naval Francais, construction took 4 years, almost two more than initially planned. Commissioned July 8, 1930 a week later she arrived at Gdynia and became the first modern ship of the Polish naval forces. Her sister ship, the ORP Burza, was started at the same time, yet was finished two years later, roughly four years after the initial deadline. By late 1930s it was apparent that her armament was insufficient. The French artillery had a low rate of fire and the ship had inadequate protection against aerial bombardment. To solve the problem, in the autumn of 1935 two double 13.2 mm Hotchkiss heavy machine guns were added. At the outbreak of World War Two ORP Wicher and ORP Gryf were the only major ships left at Gdynia harbour for the protection of the Polish shore. In the morning of September 3, 1939, ORP Gryf and ORP Wicher, moored in a harbour, were attacked by two German destroyers, the Z1 Leberecht Maass and Z9 Wolfgang Zenker, firing at 9 nm. Polish warships and a shore battery im. Heliodora Laskowskiego ( 4x152 mm Bofors guns ) repulsed the attack, with Gryf scoring two hits. After that the German squadron put up a smoke barrier and withdrew. Later that day ORP Wicher, still in a harbour, repulsed two air raids. However, in the third attack at approximately 15:00 she was attacked by two group of planes, and the German Luftwaffe scored four hits. Two bombs hit amidships, one hit the bow and the other was a close miss, yet it managed to fracture the hull at several places on the starboard side. ORP Wicher started to sink and the crew made it ashore, where they joined the Land Defence of Pomerania. Altogether, she had one sailor killed and 22 wounded in the attack. After World War II, in 1946, she was raised and hauled outside the port to the area of Jastarnia. There she served as a target for aerial bombardment practice until 1955. In 1963 she was partially scrapped.

PS: I update first page and ... if you will ask "what da f*** is that strange thing on gun shield nr.3" ... that well ... a clock.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: "Great days of the small fleet" Polish Navy 1918 - 1939Posted: November 9th, 2010, 12:52 pm
Awesome!!! much better then I did 2.5 years ago :D

[Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: "Great days of the small fleet" Polish Navy 1918 - 1939Posted: November 9th, 2010, 1:13 pm

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: "Great days of the small fleet" Polish Navy 1918 - 1939Posted: November 9th, 2010, 2:05 pm
Now maybe update for ORP Bliskawika and ORP Grom.
ORP Orkan (ex-HMS Myrmidon) can be modified from HMS Loyalhere which I did some time ago.
Also note that I'm planing to make HMS Delhi (AAW version of D class cruisers), and that means I'm going to make one of the other 'D' class (I'll leave for you to modify as ORP Dragoon or ORP Conrad)

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: "Great days of the small fleet" Polish Navy 1918 - 1939Posted: November 9th, 2010, 3:43 pm
I did redo Grom (for my own AU projects) last spring I recall, Never got change to post it tought.
This is basicly just reshaded/shadowed with more properly drawn armaments.
[ img ]

In sense, the Orginal Grom drawing is pure Shipbucket history as it was first ever "old" destroyer in the old Bucket, and seccond only pre-WWII ship after Väinämöinen. It wasen't untill Colloseum started to drawn the USN destroyers that the style really got to devolp more properly for these type of ships.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 25 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: