Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 4  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Castle class frigate/corvettePosted: December 18th, 2010, 3:42 pm
Very nice :) A few minor points to clear up. On the forward gun position, the railings look a bit unfinished - not blending in at all with the steps leading up. The hatch under the squid position looks as though it should be outlined in a bolder colour - as it is it looks too faint. Some general queries on the shading in this area - double black and grey lines look odd. On the funnel, you've shaded it on both sides to indicate the curve, but why not show a lighter shade on the forward side to indicate the direction of the light, as with the lantern radar set on the masthead? (just my preference there). One of the hull scuttles under the bridge needs rectifying (the hull shading cuts it). But these are minor quibbles, and I believe you've passed muster with 'Old Grey Funnel Line' club :D

p.s. Why not show her name on the legend?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Castle class frigate/corvettePosted: December 18th, 2010, 5:30 pm
the railing around the gun is correct: it looks weird because there is some other equipment next to that platform which makes it look like it is shaped differently. btw, the colour of all doors is the same, and IMO correct. this ship looks a bit filled already, so I don't want to make it too heavy shown. the shading at the hatch is done to show that area's shape, following the latest shading rules. the funnel you are right about, will fix, and the scuttle too. will upload an fix in a few minutes.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Castle class frigate/corvettePosted: December 18th, 2010, 5:38 pm
I don't agree with you on the railings and hatches, it just doesn't look finished (IMHO), but as its not my drawing I'll leave it at that :)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Castle class frigate/corvettePosted: December 18th, 2010, 5:44 pm
fixed scuttles, hatches and shading. only the railing is kept as in the old drawing, and I now think this ship is ready for the next upload session.
[ img ]

Last edited by acelanceloet on February 6th, 2011, 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Castle class frigate/corvettePosted: December 18th, 2010, 7:20 pm
This is what I was thinking of:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Castle class frigate/corvettePosted: December 18th, 2010, 7:42 pm
Hmmm...
Lack depth charge rack aft....not ? :roll:

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Castle class frigate/corvettePosted: December 18th, 2010, 7:44 pm
no. the castle had an squid on the bow and no dept charges. can be that those are placed on some ships, but the class was build like this.
@ pb: it looks great that way too, but as said many times, shipbucket leaves space for everybody's own style, and the way we draw doors and hatches is one of the points my style differs a bit ;) so I keep mine, If you don't mind

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Castle class frigate/corvettePosted: December 19th, 2010, 4:39 pm
No problem there Ace; we agree to disagree, but with no acrimony; and yes, we all have our own take on certain aspects of drawing :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 4  [ 38 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4

Jump to: