Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
Cascadia
Post subject: Chanticleer class Submarine Rescue ShipPosted: January 14th, 2013, 10:28 pm
Just started with the first steps. So not that much progress right now, but here is the first glimpse of my next project.
The Chanticleer class submarine rescue ship, which was in service with the USN from the early 1940s to the early 1990s.

[ img ]

One unit, USS Greenlet ASR-10, is still in service with the Turkish Navy as TCG Akin A-585.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Chanticleer class Submarine Rescue ShipPosted: January 14th, 2013, 11:32 pm
You really like the ASRs don't you? ;)

Not that there is anything wrong with that - It's very nice to see the minor ships that help make navies run being represented, so keep up the good work!

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Chanticleer class Submarine Rescue ShipPosted: January 15th, 2013, 3:30 am
Looks sorta like the tug USS Hoga.

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Chanticleer class Submarine Rescue ShipPosted: January 15th, 2013, 8:23 am
Your works so far looked great, so I'm not expecting anything less with this one! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Chanticleer class Submarine Rescue ShipPosted: January 15th, 2013, 9:19 am
Yes, another stirling project from a worthy member. This is what the forum rests on. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Chanticleer class Submarine Rescue ShipPosted: January 15th, 2013, 7:54 pm
I'm hoping to see it completed. If previous work is any indication (and I believe it is) this project will grace the Shipbucket archive.
Good start Cascadia.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Cascadia
Post subject: Re: Chanticleer class Submarine Rescue ShipPosted: January 15th, 2013, 11:51 pm
Guys, you're flattering me. But thanks for your appreciation of my previous work an your trust in my skills.
I will resume work tomorrow (well, lets say today. It seems to be already Wednesday) and hopefully can post the finished main hull by the end of the day.

Oh, and @Tim, It's not that I specially like those ASRs, but I've got some appreciation for those unnoticed auxillaries.
And when I saw a picture of the ol USS Kittiwake, I thought, that's a ship I have to draw.

[Profile] [Quote]
Cascadia
Post subject: Re: Chanticleer class Submarine Rescue ShipPosted: May 29th, 2015, 4:09 pm
As this project of mine was on hiatus until today, ther is not much progress compered to my first post.
Yet I want you to know, that I restarted it one hour ago and am eager to finish it this time.

[ img ]

Beside this one I've got a second project in development. The Bolster-class rescue and salvage vessel.
But for now I will focus on this one.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Chanticleer class Submarine Rescue ShipPosted: May 29th, 2015, 5:56 pm
Great to see it back on track.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Chanticleer class Submarine Rescue ShipPosted: May 29th, 2015, 6:41 pm
Nice start.

Just a nitpick, but I don't care! The windows is in a no-standard window color (if we are following a bland of old and new drawing rules... written an unwritten)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Return to โ€œReal Designsโ€ | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: