Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 
Lazer_one
Post subject: Regia Marina - Italy - Battleships 1861-1915Posted: November 21st, 2010, 11:42 am
So I open this thread to summarize the evolution of the Regia Marina in the years from 1861 till WW1.
The naval technology had strong evolution in this period and the ships changed from reinforced hull sailing ships into steam armoured units.
The Italian Navy was officially founded in 1861 and experienced this technological evolution connected to its growth and development.
At the beginning sveral units were acquired from UK (Armstrong Shipyard as first) while the italian shipyard industry developed itself till end of the XIX° century when started to sell outside its own products like the Garibaldi project which was the base for several units sold abroad.

let's start with BB Duilio as launched: she was having inside the Torpedo boat Clio

[ img ]

Then the Italia class: BB Italia and BB Lepanto

[ img ]

[ img ]

Ruggiero di Lauria Class: BB Ruggiero di Lauria, BB Francesco Morosini & BB Andrea Doria.

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Re Umberto Class: BB Re Umberto, BB Sicilia & BB Sardegna

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

(... to be continued)

Lazer_One's Worlist - Updated 2021

Documentation is always welcome here

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Regia Marina - Italy - Battleships 1861-1915Posted: November 21st, 2010, 11:51 am
and these are even better :D the only thing that I miss is a little intel about all ships, so it really becomes an illustrated guide to italian warships (I can look in my books for that too, though ;)... but it still would be nice )
btw, when you are on it, maybe take a look at my dante...... it should be in this line IMO, as it was build before WW1

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Regia Marina - Italy - Battleships 1861-1915Posted: November 21st, 2010, 11:57 am
Beautiful looking ships Lazer.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Regia Marina - Italy - Battleships 1861-1915Posted: November 21st, 2010, 5:17 pm
Very nice, and good looking work

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Scifibug
Post subject: Re: Regia Marina - Italy - Battleships 1861-1915Posted: December 3rd, 2010, 7:46 pm
My word! The Umberto class looks like one of the baddest ships on the ocean for her time.

[Profile] [Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: Regia Marina - Italy - Battleships 1861-1915Posted: January 3rd, 2011, 6:11 pm
The BB Enrico Dandolo after the great works of 1896

[ img ]

Lazer_One's Worlist - Updated 2021

Documentation is always welcome here

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs”

Jump to: