Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 4  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Germany - Training boat Drache (1908)Posted: April 16th, 2013, 1:55 pm
I agree with eswube. All he wanted to do, as I infer from his previous post, was to give modern reference points for anyone looking at a map of the area. Back then those names were both legitimate and historically accepted names of the places.

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: Germany - Training boat Drache (1908)Posted: April 17th, 2013, 8:43 pm
Well, I had never planned to replace the name, but rather add them, for example, in brackets afterwards, as an additional piece of information. But in the end, I decided against it, it just didn't seem to sit well with the flow of the text. But thanks again to eswube for providing these little bits of info!

All pictures have now been summarized in the first post and I think I also modified all the dates.

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Germany - Training boat Drache (1908)Posted: April 17th, 2013, 10:14 pm
Thanks for the historical trip with Drache :D Really fine thread with some handsome drawings ;)

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
Plongeur
Post subject: Re: Germany - Training boat Drache (1908)Posted: August 3rd, 2014, 10:26 am
Here is a video featuring the history, but also the search and identification process of the wreck of Drache. Some underwater footage of Drache as it is now resting at 30-meters depth of the Baltic sea.
http://youtu.be/W7ZrkWdIpko
The VO is in Russian. But I’m planning to add English subtitles. I’ll post the link as soon as this version is available.

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: Germany - Training boat Drache (1908)Posted: August 3rd, 2014, 12:21 pm
Wow, that video was interesting. I didn't understand a word, of course (except the few bits of English at the end), but the pictures alone (especially the 3D-Model) were worth it. The big version of the Coat of Arms was very interesting as well. and how close it matches with the version I made back then. All I had were a few fuzzy images and wuite a bit of 'approximation'.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 4  [ 35 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4

Jump to: