Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 3  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3
graham
Post subject: Re: Hunt ClassPosted: December 2nd, 2010, 8:48 am
Another great I tryed but got frustrated over the mast !!
A Type ONE for you ex cottmore

Photo deleted 30 MAR2011

Last edited by graham on March 30th, 2011, 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Hunt ClassPosted: December 2nd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Cheers graham, Its a great photo; and I'll ceratinly do a version like this. It will also prove invaluable for the basic Type I :D

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Hunt ClassPosted: December 3rd, 2010, 1:55 pm
Great photo indeed!!!
'
Is she Turkish or Egyptian?

[Quote]
graham
Post subject: Re: Hunt ClassPosted: December 3rd, 2010, 4:13 pm
She is Egyptian ex HMS Cottesmore trf to to egypt 1950 as Ibrahim el-Awal then renamed Mohamed-Aliel Kebir in 1951 then I believe captured by Israel 1956 and renamed Haifa:- From Warships of WWII Lenton & Colledge 1965

graham

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Hunt ClassPosted: December 3rd, 2010, 4:27 pm
graham wrote:
She is Egyptian ex HMS Cottesmore trf to to egypt 1950 as Ibrahim el-Awal then renamed Mohamed-Aliel Kebir in 1951 then I believe captured by Israel 1956 and renamed Haifa:- From Warships of WWII Lenton & Colledge 1965

graham
Okay Thanks. Yes captured by the Israeli!

[Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Hunt ClassPosted: December 3rd, 2010, 8:46 pm
graham wrote:

graham
HMS Cottesmore was indeed transferred to Egypt as Ibrahim el Awal, and changed names with Mohamed Ali el Kebir (former HMS Mendip).
The ship captured by the Israeli navy was the former HMS Mendip. During the 1956 operation Musketeer tje Egyptian Ibrahim el Awal shelled the Israeli port of Haifa and was engaged by the French destroyer Kersaint (D622), and two Israeli destroyers Eilat (former HMS Zealous) and Yaffa (former HMS Zodiac). Next day the Ibrahim el-Awal came under attack from Israeli aircraft and after sustaining some damage surrendered to the Israeli navy.
BTW Ibrahim el Awal means "Abraham the first" and Mohamed Ali el-Kebir is "Mohamed Ali the great".

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Hunt ClassPosted: January 31st, 2011, 7:35 pm
Right, having lost my access to Photobucket, this is my first image from ImageShack; and at least the fecking thing works :evil:

So, the last of the Hunts, the Type I, and this should complete the set :)

<script src='http://img705.imageshack.us/shareable/? ... i.png&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript>[ img ]</noscript>

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 3  [ 27 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3

Jump to: