Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 3  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 »
Wakazashi
Post subject: HMS Hood 1941Posted: December 4th, 2010, 10:45 am
Hi all. I've not been involved with shipbucket for a long time but since I found this on my pc, I thought I'd share it. I don't think it's entirely complete, but here goes>

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: HMS Hood 1941Posted: December 4th, 2010, 10:50 am
AWESOME!!! this was definitely worth the long wait on it ;) are you going to do the other years too?

btw... may I use it as base for a few ADU ships??

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: HMS Hood 1941Posted: December 4th, 2010, 11:13 am
Welcome back :D

It is certainly a lovely drawing; though there is some non-compliance with Shipbucket standards: railings, under shading, hull, to a name a few; which you might consider modifying? Also, you might find some later versions of the smaller weapons from Hoods RN weapons sheet; the gun on top of B turret? I don't recognise that one. But yes, this should be a definitive Hood IMHO :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Wakazashi
Post subject: Re: HMS Hood 1941Posted: December 4th, 2010, 11:17 am
acelanceloet - Thanks! I may do a 'proposed refit' design from 1941/2, but I'm not sure if I'll get around to earlier configurations. ADU? I'm guessing you mean AU... that's fine, as long as you credit me as per usual. :D

Portsmouth Bill - Thanks! I suspected as much. I'll have a look at the guns and railings. For the hull - do you mean below the waterline? I see most drawings are just a single shade of red in that respect.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: HMS Hood 1941Posted: December 4th, 2010, 11:22 am
Yes, re the hull; at present the standard is red oxide as first applied, which results in the bright red colour; plus the shading is very sparse, just around the edges. I'm not enthuisiastic myself on such a strict interpretation, but that is the current standard; and at the risk of beginning another long discussion (and not here please folks), it could be one of the areas we could look at soon.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: HMS Hood 1941Posted: December 4th, 2010, 11:26 am
Wakazashi wrote:
ADU? I'm guessing you mean AU.
ADU is an AU of me and ALVAMA (and a bit of mitch).... the anglo dutch empire, to be precise ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: HMS Hood 1941Posted: December 4th, 2010, 12:55 pm
Portsmouth Bill wrote:
Welcome back :D

the gun on top of B turret? I don't recognise that one. But yes, this should be a definitive Hood IMHO :)
That gun is not stricktly a gun, as it was the UP projector. The Up, for unrotated projectile, was a RN idea to stop low level and dive bombers by firing rockets that were trailing a wire. The idea was that the wires will be caught by the wings and propellers of the attacking aircraft,causing them to crash.
Needles to say the idea didn't work. Few ships carried these one of them HMS Hood and also HMS Repulse.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: HMS Hood 1941Posted: December 4th, 2010, 1:00 pm
Excellent Wakasashi.I did have one on the go but your's is far superior to mine so hats off to you. 8-)

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: HMS Hood 1941Posted: December 4th, 2010, 1:36 pm
Thanks Novice; I've looked at photo's and that is there. Another question for Wakazashi; there is rail-like form running along the hull just below the main deck; Is this for degauzing? It doesn't show up on any of the photo's and drawings I've got. Likewise with the pronounced hump on the deck just short of the bow.

[Profile] [Quote]
Philbob
Post subject: Re: HMS Hood 1941Posted: December 4th, 2010, 1:49 pm
maybe its my display but the color looks off to me.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 3  [ 25 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 »

Jump to: