Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 27  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 727 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: February 22nd, 2014, 11:08 am
is the polly woodside missing her topmast or something?

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: February 22nd, 2014, 11:27 am
In 1978 she didn't have one, they opened while most of the rigging was incomplete, the rest was gradually added I believe sometime between then and the 1990's

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: February 22nd, 2014, 12:53 pm
Great stuff Rodondo always nice to see sails. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: February 22nd, 2014, 1:51 pm
Thanks Bombhead, it does make a nice change from super-battleships and container ships :)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: February 23rd, 2014, 3:35 pm
Whilst I tidy up the last of the Polly drawings, I'll chuck up a preview of the next on and I'll think you'll be able to see a shortcoming of her's, especially seeing she carried 5 jibs/fore staysails, something even the Preuben didn't do

[ img ]

Last edited by Rodondo on February 23rd, 2014, 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: February 23rd, 2014, 3:47 pm
dropbox error

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: February 23rd, 2014, 9:34 pm
Ah, fixed, don't why I endeavour with dropbox to be honest, it seems to hate my computer and I :P

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: February 23rd, 2014, 9:46 pm
Rodondo wrote:
Ah, fixed, don't why I endeavour with dropbox to be honest, it seems to hate my computer and I :P
I have never had problem with it. Only when dropbox goes in some sort of sleep mode, where it act as an normal map on the computer... but that might be an server problem that occur at dropbox. But dropbox is fast at fixing the problem at least, when it do happens. but you know that you can use dropbox in the same way as other img host, by just go to dropbox.com and log in there and upload you'r stuff.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: February 23rd, 2014, 10:08 pm
I think its my computer having trouble with the server, anyway I'll try the online approach

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: February 23rd, 2014, 10:45 pm
Rodondo wrote:
I think its my computer having trouble with the server, anyway I'll try the online approach
had that problem with my laptop before... might be the firewall that is funny (the dropbox are folder is link directly to the dropbox server...), or the same Anti Virus software that trying to be clever...

Doesn't hurt to mail them and ask if they have any idea "why?"

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 27  [ 263 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 727 »

Jump to: