Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 27  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 527 »
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: January 30th, 2014, 11:55 am
As far as I can see yes, all except the two Preußens, since they were never owned by Ferdinand Laeisz, and had different rigging. ( it's hard to remember all the great windjammers, isn't it?) ok, Potosi is great. Is there a possibility that you may consider the Pommern, Padua or Pamir? Especially the latter would be a great addition!

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: January 30th, 2014, 1:50 pm
Most certainly some time this year, new uni course permitting, In the mean time here's a modern windjammer, one I finished in December and finally got round to putting it in a template. Most Australians know this boat pretty well, the "Swiss army knife", so far has won seven lie honours in the classic Sydney to Hobart Race, long held as one of the toughest races in the sport

[ img ]

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: January 30th, 2014, 1:55 pm
Looks good, but I have to say the fuzzy sails and hull aren't working for me

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
CraigH
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: January 30th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Redondo,
Sweet!
1) Noticed you have graded shading on the hull.
2) Consider gray tones for the rigging to reduce the apparent line-weight.
3) Also, on the sails consider:
Jib:rotate the shading to align with the leading edge of the sail. Reduce the tonal steps between grays (smoother color transitions).
Main: rotate the shading to align with the trailing edge of the sail. Reduce the tonal steps between grays (smoother color transitions).

Great addition!!!
CraigH

Some railroad stuff
More random stuff that strikes me!

[Profile] [Quote]
WWII44
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: January 30th, 2014, 5:57 pm
will you be doing the Charles W. Morgan?

[Profile] [Quote]
BrockPaine
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: January 31st, 2014, 1:18 am
bezobrazov wrote:
As far as I can see yes, all except the two Preußens, since they were never owned by Ferdinand Laeisz, and had different rigging. ( it's hard to remember all the great windjammers, isn't it?) ok, Potosi is great. Is there a possibility that you may consider the Pommern, Padua or Pamir? Especially the latter would be a great addition!
I have a drawing of Kruzenshtern that Alvama sent me several years ago. I fiddled with a drawing, but never got more than a few lines in.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: January 31st, 2014, 11:01 am
Very nice work with Wild Oats, though like Thiel I'm not sure about sail shading.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: January 31st, 2014, 11:16 am
Thiel wrote:
Looks good, but I have to say the fuzzy sails and hull aren't working for me
Same, sadly its how it appeared in 2012 (I prefered the golden sail) and and the graded hull and sail has been keep in a way to conform to SB standard as much as for accuracy's sake, hence using blocks
CraigH wrote:
Redondo,
Sweet!
1) Noticed you have graded shading on the hull.
2) Consider gray tones for the rigging to reduce the apparent line-weight.
3) Also, on the sails consider:
Jib:rotate the shading to align with the leading edge of the sail. Reduce the tonal steps between grays (smoother color transitions).
Main: rotate the shading to align with the trailing edge of the sail. Reduce the tonal steps between grays (smoother color transitions).

Great addition!!!
CraigH
1-Yes, annoyingly its a common feature of super-maxis, the shading has been keep in blocks to try and adhere to SB standards

2) Will experiment with that, usually I use grey for rigging but the Oats has unusual very dark lines

3):You're right on the Jib, the sail gradient follows the leading edge but on the mainsail it follows the mast,left from right
WWII44 wrote:
will you be doing the Charles W. Morgan?
If the P Liners prove easier that their daunting reputation, its a possibility
BrockPaine wrote:
bezobrazov wrote:
I have a drawing of Kruzenshtern that Alvama sent me several years ago. I fiddled with a drawing, but never got more than a few lines in.

Bit iffy of the Kruzenshtern,seeing the trouble its kicked up before :?

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: February 5th, 2014, 1:14 pm
hopefully smoothed out the shading and rigging as well as the last vestiges of pixel trash

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: February 13th, 2014, 5:45 pm
Just a quick progress shot on the Polly Woodside, just 6 more sails to go and the deck fittings as well as hull shading.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 27  [ 263 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 527 »

Jump to: