Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 14 of 27  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page « 112 13 14 15 1627 »
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: May 2nd, 2014, 4:37 pm
That's a wonderful drawing from someone new to the site!

I do think, however, that she'll deserve a little more attention to detail, both where it comes to the rigging (no blocks for instance!) and the wooden hull, which kinda looks too uniform, and thus "unwooden" (if that's a word...)

But, you show a great deal of skill and talent, my friend, so I'm confident you'll find solutions to the concerns raised!

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: May 2nd, 2014, 5:22 pm
Nice work!
Though I agree with Bezobrazov's comments regarding detailing.

[Profile] [Quote]
Eturu
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: May 2nd, 2014, 10:15 pm
Thanks, I added some detail to the rigging and woodenized it ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: May 3rd, 2014, 12:35 am
Yeah, you're getting there. Am liking what I see. However, where not even Arab (Omani, Yemeni, Egyptian, Tunisian, Algerian, Tripolitanian, and what not!) xebecs quite fancifully decorated; especially the long quarter deck railing boards? Some even sported small stern and quarter galleries in a clear emulating of Western frigates.

[Profile] [Quote]
Eturu
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: May 3rd, 2014, 11:15 pm
Actually yes, they where fancifully decorated (carving, inlays, what-not) so now I've decorated it.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: May 8th, 2014, 11:55 pm
I am glad Shipbucket got such member as CraigH now))

[Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: May 17th, 2014, 5:10 pm
Because I can...

This is my little slice of the world fleet at the moment, a modified 14 Windrush plus trailer configerations and kayak

[ img ]

Yes I know, a template, still working on how to arrange it on one, no point on having 7 templates.

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: May 22nd, 2014, 9:38 am
Wow! Great work on such tiny boats, I really like it! :D
As for arrangement on template - I suggest all on one level, at regular intervals, with trailers on the left ("on shore") and then towards "sailing away".

[Profile] [Quote]
CraigH
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: June 1st, 2014, 10:31 pm
[ img ]
FD Scale Sailing Ships Parts: Anchors and ship's boats.

Here's some anchors and ships boats from two source books: Anatomy of the Ship: USS Constitution and Anatomy of the Ship: Essex.

This sheet is expected to grow as I dig up repeatable items like small craft, anchor types and sizes, maybe ordinance. The problem with sailing ships is that darned near everything needs to be custom made for each particular ship!

CraigH

Some railroad stuff
More random stuff that strikes me!

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: June 5th, 2014, 6:59 pm
Nice work Craig!

A before shot of my sailing ships work-board before the holidays, hopefully all will be finished on this board by the end (Large Image follows)

[ img ]

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 14 of 27  [ 263 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 112 13 14 15 1627 »

Jump to: