Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 22  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 722 »
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine Deutschland and Scharnhorst class WIPPosted: March 9th, 2014, 7:13 pm
WOW

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine Deutschland and Scharnhorst class WIPPosted: March 10th, 2014, 8:56 am
That's amazing, maomatic. That Feb '42 camo is certainly good at breaking up the outlines, I can barely even see the light AA against it! (are you sure it's not one of those pictures where you cross your eyes and see the Mona Lisa?)

Ad

[Profile] [Quote]
squizzy
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine Deutschland and Scharnhorst class WIPPosted: March 10th, 2014, 10:20 am
Like Both the Graf Spee and Scharnhorst with their war colours schemes! When will we see both the 1st of Class Deutschland/Lutzow and Admiral Scheer as well as Scharnhorsts Sister ship Gneisenau?

"The British Air Farce have droopped their bums on the water works..They have scored a direct hot on the pimps"- British agent/gendarme Officer Crabtree, "Allo,Allo."

[Profile] [Quote]
Syzmo
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine Deutschland and Scharnhorst class WIPPosted: March 10th, 2014, 1:40 pm
How could she have been sunk wearing camouflage like that...

Great work, the camo can be the hardest part, but it doesn't look like you struggled

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." Thomas Edward Lawrence, The Seven Pillars of Wisdom

[Profile] [Quote]
Weisman
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine Deutschland and Scharnhorst class WIPPosted: March 10th, 2014, 7:14 pm
Well done! For now is great! Еxpect Deutschland/Lützow, Admiral Scheer and of course Gneisenau.

Weisman Worklist
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 504#p72223

[Profile] [Quote]
maomatic
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine Deutschland and Scharnhorst class WIPPosted: March 12th, 2014, 7:34 pm
Hello guys,

thanks again for the kind comments!

My next drawing depicts "Scharnhorst's" sister "Gneisenau" in the summer of 1938.
She spent the summer doing trials and training - even testing different floatplanes like the Focke Wulf FW-62 and the Heinkel HE-114 as shown in my drawing:

[ img ]

@squizzy and Weisman:

I`ve got the other "Deutschlands" in the works, but they might take some time.

For now I am planning to finish "Gneisenau" first - including a version of her after the never completed conversion to 38cm guns. Should I post such a drawing here or would another thread in the "Never-Built-Designs" Forum be the appropriate choice?

Thanks!
Edit: Newest Version

Last edited by maomatic on May 3rd, 2014, 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Weisman
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine Deutschland and Scharnhorst class WIPPosted: March 12th, 2014, 8:21 pm
O-ho, the sister is coming! Joy to my eyes. :D

Weisman Worklist
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 504#p72223

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine Deutschland and Scharnhorst class WIPPosted: March 12th, 2014, 9:34 pm
Fantastic work!

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine Deutschland and Scharnhorst class WIPPosted: March 12th, 2014, 9:42 pm
An excellent series of drawings and a great complement to DG's equally excellent Hippers. :geek:

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine Deutschland and Scharnhorst class WIPPosted: March 12th, 2014, 10:13 pm
maomatic wrote:
For now I am planning to finish "Gneisenau" first - including a version of her after the never completed conversion to 38cm guns. Should I post such a drawing here or would another thread in the "Never-Built-Designs" Forum be the appropriate choice?
The Never-Builds have to be in the "Never-Build designs" forum ;)

BTW, beautiful Gneisenau :D

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 22  [ 219 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 722 »

Jump to: