Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 6 of 9  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8 9 »
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Soviet Rocket Cruiser RemakesPosted: January 10th, 2016, 7:53 pm
Oh, yes, Antii. I know what you're saying, and I don't expect you to be finished with these yet either. My DofEs took some three years or more to get right! Anyway, looking into it, and there's a possibility I'm wrong still, since I'm not an expert on these ships at all. As for the Cyrillic alphabet, I wonder only, what was wrong with the old one? If I remember it right wasn't it quite acceptable?

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Soviet Rocket Cruiser RemakesPosted: January 11th, 2016, 5:42 pm
the cyrilic alphaphet in soviet ships names is some special one, its stylish and clearly certain font that has its own charectaristics. The SB font was just plain arial type text in SB size... IMO it feels that there is no sense to just type something in default lettering, when the entire idea of those name tags has been uniformal in style. That said, it should not be undoable in SB either, but I fear its beyond my skill, patiance and available time.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Soviet Rocket Cruiser RemakesPosted: January 4th, 2017, 4:06 pm
...Continuing this thread with revival in Soviet naval strategies into Missile armed cruisers (that is anti-ship missiles), the Project 1164 Atlant:

Based superficially on the Pr.1134B class BPKs, the 1164s were never the less new class with increased hull size and reshaped superstructures to accomondate the new generation of weapons, the P-500 Bazalt long range antiship missile, Ak-130 dual 130mm automatic cannon and the S-300F Fort SAM system. Five ships were planned, but only three Entered the Soviet Fleet, and one remained incompleted in Ukraine after the dissolution of the Union, and remains to be so for good.

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

All three ships continues to serve in new Russian fleet, each in different fleets, and Slava beeing renamed as Moskva (Black Sea Fleet), and "Chervonka" as Varyag, the traditional name for a Pacific Fleet cruiser. Marshal Ustinov serves in Northern fleet and has recieved most complete rehauling with new radar and ECM suite.

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
GRISHA-II
Post subject: Re: Soviet Rocket Cruiser RemakesPosted: January 4th, 2017, 4:54 pm
Great work!! :o

[Profile] [Quote]
seeker36340
Post subject: Re: Soviet Rocket Cruiser RemakesPosted: January 4th, 2017, 10:07 pm
Excellent - the master of the Russian Navy has done it again

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Soviet Rocket Cruiser RemakesPosted: January 5th, 2017, 12:11 am
The aft superstructure, Is that supposed to be a hangar for a helicopter? Is a helicopter supposed to be based aboard these ships?

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Soviet Rocket Cruiser RemakesPosted: January 5th, 2017, 12:41 am
Krakatoa wrote:
The aft superstructure, Is that supposed to be a hangar for a helicopter? Is a helicopter supposed to be based aboard these ships?
Slava class hava hangar.... so....

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Soviet Rocket Cruiser RemakesPosted: January 5th, 2017, 6:40 am
Yes, she has helicopter hangar. Russian (Soviet) hangars work differently from Western ones. I have read that in one particular Soviet warship hangar roof opens first, helicopter is inserted in, then floor lowers before the roof closes.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Soviet Rocket Cruiser RemakesPosted: January 5th, 2017, 8:39 am
Fabulous work as ever Golly. Loving the detailing on these and the Slavas are certainly good looking, if chunky, ships.
It's a shame the rest of the drawings have been resized by photobucket.

I think what Krakatoa is commenting on is the lack of a helicopter on the hangar deck, the traditional way to show such provision (with hangar) on SB. I do note though that the old Ka-27 is looking a bit crappy these days and probably needs a redraw by one of our SB-air experts.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Soviet Rocket Cruiser RemakesPosted: January 5th, 2017, 9:33 am
Quote:
It's a shame the rest of the drawings have been resized by photobucket.
I can see if I can get them to dropbox for better viewing

As for the helicopters, yes those were forgotten, happens sometimes :) But Hood is also rigth, the recent renneisance over SB scale helicopters has been quite promising, so think I need to ask Cascadia & co. wether they have plans to provide the Kamov's as well.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 6 of 9  [ 87 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8 9 »

Jump to: