Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ] 
Gollevainen
Post subject: Project 1123Posted: December 20th, 2010, 12:28 pm
Hood made Moskva orginally back in years ago...during the days when the style and skill of all of us who drew soviet ships weren't that well devolped.
I've since asked about possibility of redrawing the pr.1123 to the same level as the other big Soviet ships, and got green ligth to do it myself... This was also "years" ago, and its only now when I've finally managed to produce the renewed drawing.

[ img ]

Drawing her was bit tricky, as even the Russian sources had given sligthly different linedrawings to go on with (which neither fully correspond to each others 100 %). Also, for some peculiar reason all the good close up Pics for Moskva are taken from the port side rather than starboard, so I have to use Leningrad for closer reference instead. According to my knowledge these sisters are indentical (aside the starboard and portside's are not, in portside the AK-257 is far close to the bridge instead of beeing near the funnel as shown in this drawing)

Also this is the seccond one of my three major redrawing projects for this year. After the last one, I retire for the pleasent Christmass and new year celebrations and return with some major AU rewinding for 2011. Overally this has been great year for the Shipbucket. Happy holidays for everyone

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Project 1123Posted: December 20th, 2010, 12:31 pm
simply awesome! ;) weird looking (but beautiful) ships though

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Project 1123Posted: December 20th, 2010, 1:13 pm
Very nice Golly; and the (indicated) flair on the stern is shown to good effect. Likewise, I'm slowing down for Christmas - and the UK is now 'snowed in'; but (like you) back in the New Year with agreat new AU. Meanwhile all the best and more goodies for 2011 :D

[Profile] [Quote]
BrockPaine
Post subject: Re: Project 1123Posted: December 20th, 2010, 2:13 pm
Send your snow my way, Bill. Driest year since 1986 here, and we need a good six inches.

[Profile] [Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: Project 1123Posted: December 20th, 2010, 3:39 pm
Very very fine!

Lazer_One's Worlist - Updated 2021

Documentation is always welcome here

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Project 1123Posted: December 20th, 2010, 4:49 pm
Beautiful drawing of a fine looking ship.I had an Airfix model of this one many years ago.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Project 1123Posted: December 20th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Great work Golly. Nice to see her in all her glory.

I came across some of my close-up photos I had stored from when I drew the first version. It was my first serious nuts and bolts job based on photos etc. The portside photo issue was a pain when I drew mine too but I did unearth a few close-ups of the starboard side of the bow section and SAM launchers. Nice shading on the hull too, only from the top views can do you realise how beamy and odd shaped the ship is.

Overall I've got qulams about this drawing at all. It looks spot on to me. One minor issue is the forward hullbreak on the raised centre freeboard, it looks a little rough and odd. Maybe smooth the curve a little.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
BrockPaine
Post subject: Re: Project 1123Posted: December 20th, 2010, 10:13 pm
I always thought the Moskva looked like a skinny egg from overhead. Very interesting ship, and nicely done here.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Project 1123Posted: December 21st, 2010, 9:20 am
The overhang indeed was bit tricky first as I seldomly like to shade that big areas, but like said, it is really charectaristic element of the ship. Of the curve, I think its the door I placed near to it that breaks somewhat the actuall shape of the curve. I try to look how to cure it...

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs”

Jump to: