Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 14 of 16  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page « 112 13 14 15 16 »
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: Japan - Fuso Class Battleship.Posted: November 23rd, 2014, 9:23 am
Great work!

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Japan - Fuso Class Battleship.Posted: November 23rd, 2014, 9:54 am
Indeed. this is clearly one of the best threads in the forum. Keep up the good work :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Japan - Fuso Class Battleship.Posted: November 23rd, 2014, 10:10 am
Amazing work. The details are great and that rigging most have taken a long time to get right.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Japan - Fuso Class Battleship.Posted: November 23rd, 2014, 10:46 am
Amazing work. My only quibble is that for the life of me I can't find the five inch guns. I don't doubt they're there, but I'm guessing they're drawn pointing right at us which makes them extraordinarily hard to spot on an already busy drawing. Personally I'd show them from the side instead since guns are much easier to recognise in profile. That is of course assuming they could be pointed fore-n-aft.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Japan - Fuso Class Battleship.Posted: November 23rd, 2014, 11:41 am
Thiel wrote:
Amazing work. My only quibble is that for the life of me I can't find the five inch guns. I don't doubt they're there, but I'm guessing they're drawn pointing right at us which makes them extraordinarily hard to spot on an already busy drawing. Personally I'd show them from the side instead since guns are much easier to recognise in profile. That is of course assuming they could be pointed fore-n-aft.
They're drawn pointing at you. Look about halfway up the aft superstructure and maybe a third of the way up the forward pagoda. I don't think there's enough space for them to have been pointed fore-n-aft without taking out (hitting) something else. :D

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - Fuso Class Battleship.Posted: November 23rd, 2014, 6:20 pm
Thiel wrote:
Yes, the 5-ingh guns are drawn pointing outwards because both on fuso and Yamashiro the forward mounts (those on the main bridge pagoda)cannot be pointed fore at 0° like usually represented in shipbucket. The mounts on the aft superstructure can do end-on fire towards the stern, but for the sake of obtaining a coerent look I've shown them both in the same position instead of having some guns pointing outwards and some pointing aft (Yamato 5-inch guns are drawn that way too for the same reasons.).
So far the only ship on which I've broken this "rule" is the Taiho, just because there is a single gun (out of six, or eight for her Kai version) in the whole carrier to sport that problem.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Charybdis
Post subject: Re: Japan - Fuso Class Battleship.Posted: November 23rd, 2014, 6:52 pm
Quality.

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: Japan - Fuso Class Battleship.Posted: November 26th, 2014, 6:48 pm
Awesome thread, I bet the pagoda masts took a hell of a long time to draw.

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - Fuso Class Battleship.Posted: January 24th, 2015, 5:27 pm
Majhost is still down, so the previous drawings are not showing up, and so today i'll temporary upload with Imgur.

Anyway, I've finally managed to finish Yamashiro as of 1917. I consider her 99,99% complete, there are a negligible number of details missing from the two small boxy deckhouses just behind the conning tower (the level sporting the 76mm AA gun), unfortunately there are noa ccurate inedrawings and even this splendid picture is too dark to spot details there.

So, less words, more pics. There she is.
[ img ]

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Japan - Fuso Class Battleship.Posted: January 24th, 2015, 5:36 pm
Epic...the Fuso-class odyssey comes to an end! Fantastic work, my friend...I know you'll do the Kongos justice!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 14 of 16  [ 153 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 112 13 14 15 16 »

Jump to: