Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 4  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: The new service Chinese Navy WarshipsPosted: June 5th, 2014, 2:56 pm
IMHO find the Chinese characters a bit off putting, doesn't seem very shipbucket friendly especially to the vast majority that do not read Chinese charatcers. Additional point I think all of the fonts need to be updated, as it stands its too small and doesn't look like Arial font

As to the panels Bezo pointed out, I'd say the shadings giving the impression of two different light angles

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: The new service Chinese Navy WarshipsPosted: June 5th, 2014, 2:57 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
Ahhh...makes sense apdsmith, but then the outlines ought to be black, since they're hull openings; at least the way I've understood it!
I use dark grey.

There is one thing, the deck feels a bit low. deck height's is usually 18-19 px.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: The new service Chinese Navy WarshipsPosted: June 5th, 2014, 3:06 pm
heuhen wrote:
bezobrazov wrote:
Ahhh...makes sense apdsmith, but then the outlines ought to be black, since they're hull openings; at least the way I've understood it!
I use dark grey.

There is one thing, the deck feels a bit low. deck height's is usually 18-19 px.
Yeah I'd say from looking at pictures, the ship is very low in RL but I'd say it should be a few pixels higher than what it is

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
bsmart
Post subject: Re: The new service Chinese Navy WarshipsPosted: June 5th, 2014, 3:20 pm
The Type 056's are very low slung ships.

[ img ]
apdsmith wrote:
Hi Bezo,

From bsmart's earlier comment, those are doors for torpedo tubes...

Ad
The torpedo doors are monolithic, not bifold, and that's too far forward. You can actually see what he's drawing here:

[ img ]
The door aft is your torpedo door, the one forward is a cover for some sort of air-intake. Now we've got the air-intake cover, but not the torpedo door.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: The new service Chinese Navy WarshipsPosted: June 5th, 2014, 3:28 pm
ah I see, then you have done that opening aft in the ship wrong. as you can clearly see on the picture she have no railing back there, but an covered railing.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: The new service Chinese Navy WarshipsPosted: June 5th, 2014, 3:31 pm
Re: deck height, had a look into it, its still short, the ship is close to the height but its still about 2-4 pixels short compared the ship, which is certainly low slung

Re:covers, looking at that good pic the outline for the cover should definitely be black, and the shading flipped

[Profile] [Quote]
bsmart
Post subject: Re: The new service Chinese Navy WarshipsPosted: June 5th, 2014, 3:47 pm
This is the best picture I have of a Type 056 in profile so I used it for some comparisons.

[ img ]

As you can see from the comparison the bow, the helicopter deck level, and the top of the bridge all look to be about 3 pixels low on average. However the main deck height looks to be pretty spot on.

Now to go check my drawing's proportions.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: The new service Chinese Navy WarshipsPosted: June 5th, 2014, 3:51 pm
Yeah, that pretty much seems to sum up the disparity that I spotted

[Profile] [Quote]
bsmart
Post subject: Re: The new service Chinese Navy WarshipsPosted: June 5th, 2014, 3:53 pm
It's a little open to interpretation as the picture I'm using isn't a perfect profile shot but it's pretty close. The disparity is pretty consistent through the entire drawing so it's not just the angle of the shot.

So, aside from the height issues which, hey mine has the same issues, the exact same ones, here's the rest:

[ img ]

1) The FL-3000N launcher is still too large. It's better, but it's only an 8 round launcher.
2) The aft mast is now too short. The radar that's perched on top of it should just clear the top of the FL-3000N.
3) All these antenna's are vertical, not raked. This is pretty much all the antennas on the ship.
4) The Type 360 radar is too far aft, it could never rotate at that location. Also, not a very pretty interpretation of the dish.
5) The Type 347 is much smaller than this. When I put that one from the... Luhai I think? It was just a place holder.
6) There's an camera/flir ball turret on the front of the bridge as well as a good bit of other odds and ends.
7) Still missing the bow tie off.
8) All the pictures I've seen of the underside of the hull have a single anti-roll fin set well aft.
9) The air intake looks to be too large and too far aft.
10) Need a torpedo door.

The 76mm gun looks great.

[Profile] [Quote]
wzw007323
Post subject: Re: The new service Chinese Navy WarshipsPosted: June 6th, 2014, 5:56 am
Modified :!:

[ img ]

[ img ]

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5556/141 ... 9d5d_o.png

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 4  [ 35 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: