Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 11  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 711 »
Laforest
Post subject: Re: Real Design Armada Argentina / Argentine NavyPosted: October 22nd, 2017, 8:28 pm
Thanks

[Profile] [Quote]
Laforest
Post subject: Re: Real Design Armada Argentina / Argentine NavyPosted: October 22nd, 2017, 8:45 pm
Here we go again.

This is a Allen M. Sumner class destroyer, de DD-702 Hank build and comission in 1944, was aquired in 1972 by the Argentine Navy as spare parts but how it was in good shape they decide to put it in active duty intalling Exocet missile and new torpedo launchers, was retired in 1983 when by then new Meko-360 arrive.
I found very few pictures to make the changes so if anyone have something to share a will apreciate.

Enjoy.

A.R.A. D-25 Seguí
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Real Design Armada Argentina / Argentine NavyPosted: October 22nd, 2017, 8:49 pm
Well, I know one thing for certain: the 40mm you put on it now is not the correct one. The one you took from the parts sheet, is pictured below:
[ img ]
[ img ]
The one underneath it on the parts sheet might be closer, although I think I have never seen this particular mounting before, so you might have to draw it from scratch.......

as for the exocet launchers, they look nice, but I would suggest playing around with them a bit. I am not certain if I drew these myself back then or copied them from someone, but this drawing has some exocet launcher which are in my opinion slightly better still.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Laforest
Post subject: Re: Real Design Armada Argentina / Argentine NavyPosted: October 22nd, 2017, 10:21 pm
Acelanceloet, thanks for the comments, yes i will draw the gun, next week probably.
And thanks for the exocet launcher you sent, i will use it to rework mine looks very good, and really thanks to all for the feedback.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Real Design Armada Argentina / Argentine NavyPosted: October 25th, 2017, 7:16 pm
Great work.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Real Design Armada Argentina / Argentine NavyPosted: October 26th, 2017, 1:56 pm
:(

Unfortunately the old Allen M. Sumner drawing is out of scale and inaccurate. I redrew the as-built American pre-1945 units here: http://shipbucket.com/drawings/search?c ... =&drawing=

I'm happy to provide you a blank grey version of any of these units, with railing/rigging/whatever else you choose deleted to make editing much easier. Let me know! It may have to wait until next week since I'm currently moving and my PC is packed away, but I always offer this for my drawings and so far no one has taken me up on it. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Real Design Armada Argentina / Argentine NavyPosted: October 26th, 2017, 2:39 pm
Nice Allen M.Sumner destroyer! Argentina had also 5 Fletcher destroyers, do you plan to do them as well?

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Real Design Armada Argentina / Argentine NavyPosted: October 26th, 2017, 2:44 pm
acelanceloet wrote: *
Well, I know one thing for certain: the 40mm you put on it now is not the correct one. The one you took from the parts sheet, is pictured below:
[ img ]
[ img ]
The one underneath it on the parts sheet might be closer, although I think I have never seen this particular mounting before, so you might have to draw it from scratch.......
Hmmm,
This mount look close to the French 40mm bofor 1951 model (mount model 1951)
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Real Design Armada Argentina / Argentine NavyPosted: October 26th, 2017, 3:49 pm
40mm, same solution, Norway did on there Hauk class, except they have cover on the back side to.

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/BEDFAG/knm-erl ... BEDFAG.jpg

40 mm/70 Type 107:
[ img ]

http://www.zhanliejian.com/navweaps/WNI ... a_pics.htm

[Profile] [Quote]
Laforest
Post subject: Re: Real Design Armada Argentina / Argentine NavyPosted: November 2nd, 2017, 1:12 am
Thanks Colosseum, of course i accept your offer, i think your DD-724 is very close to what is needed, i want to transform the Allen Sumner to post war and Fram, and later Gearing and Fletcher to complete latin american navys.

Write me when you come back and good luck with your moving.

Unfortunately the old Allen M. Sumner drawing is out of scale and inaccurate. I redrew the as-built American pre-1945 units here: http://shipbucket.com/drawings/search?c ... =&drawing=

I'm happy to provide you a blank grey version of any of these units, with railing/rigging/whatever else you choose deleted to make editing much easier. Let me know! It may have to wait until next week since I'm currently moving and my PC is packed away, but I always offer this for my drawings and so far no one has taken me up on it. ;)
[/quote]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 11  [ 107 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 711 »

Jump to: