Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 8  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 58 »
superboy
Post subject: Myanmar NavyPosted: August 3rd, 2014, 2:35 pm
I've been interesting Homemade Frigate of Myanmar Navy and Next Generation Multipurpose Stealth Frigate. Since 1996 many warships were built locally by Myanmar Naval Dockyard with Chinese assistance. Including Corvette and Fast attack craft i think = 27 ships or more. I'm plan to drawing the ships in this list, if the names was duplicate in your worklist please tell me. :)

- F11 Aung Zeya (Aung Zeya Class Frigate)
- F12 Kyansittha (Kyan Sittha Class Frigate)
- F14 Sinbyushin (Kyan Sittha Class Frigate)
- Myanmar Navy's Next Generation Multipurpose StealthFrigate
- Anawrahta Class Corvettes
- A 79 m Stealth Corvette concept
- A 49 m Stealth FAC Missile
- 5-Series class Batch I FAC Gun
- 5-Series class Batch II FAC Missile
- 5-Series class Batch III FAC Missile
- and T201 New Homemade Torpedo Boat (wow :mrgreen: )

Other ships of Myanmar Navy

- Jianghu-II Class Type 053H1 (already drawn by Gollevainen)
- Houxin class FAC Missile
- Hainan class submarine chaser (already drawn by Jabba)
- Admirable class minesweeper

This project will slow because i have little database and some ships still work in progress. I don't know many Chinese and Russian weapons so i need your help.

Myanmar Navy

[ img ]

Anawrahta Class Corvettes

Myanmar's military leaders had long wanted to acquire two or three frigates to replace the country's obsolete PCE-827 and Admirable-class corvettes, decommissioned in 1994, and its two 1960s-vintage Nawarat-class corvettes, which have been gradually phased out since 1989. As military ties with China rapidly grew during the 1990s, the SLORC hoped to buy two or three Jiangnan- or even Jianghu-class frigates, but it could not afford even the special 'friendship' prices being asked by Beijing. As a compromise, Myanmar purchased three Chinese hulls, and in 2000 began to fit them out as corvettes in Yangon's Sinmalaik shipyard. Despite a European Community embargo against arms sales to Myanmar, the ships' main guns were imported (apparently through a third party) from Italy. Jane's described Israel's main role in "fitting out the three corvettes is apparently to provide their electronics suites." The United States did not impose trade sanctions until 2003.

Near the end of the 1990s, the Sinmalaik Shipyard located in Rangoon managed to build a 77m long and 1105t(1450t full) displacement warship - a corvette that gave the Myanmar Navy for the first time a helicopter deck-equipped vessel and an overall ship design that looked poised to take the fleet beyond the territorial waters into the country’s EEZ. Initially designated the Sinmalaik class, by virtue of its shipbuilder, the corvette was actually a larger hull equipped with a helicopter deck but no hangar facilities but the remaining combat systems did not represent a significant leap beyond what the Myanmar Navy already possessed in its inventory. Later designated the Anawrahta class

Name No. Launch Comm. Fate
Anawrahta 771 2005 2006 In Service
Bayint Naung 772 2006 2007 In Service
Alaungpaya 773 - - Cancel because Cyclone Nargis in May 2008

Machinery= Diesel, type=unknown, Max speed=26kts, Range=unknown, Complement=unknown. the ship install 2 76mm gun and 2 ZPU-2 Twin 14.5mm gun. have 2 furuno navigation radar and 1 surveillance radar.the funnel of 772 very high and my picture is 771. I don't have Anawrahta class underwater hull picture but all homemade ships look the same. sonar=unknown

[ img ]

UMS = Union of Myanmar Ship

[ img ]

Last edited by superboy on January 31st, 2015, 1:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Myanmar NavyPosted: August 3rd, 2014, 2:44 pm
Excellent work, I'd never heard of these ships before so its good to catch up on what some of the minor navies are doing.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Myanmar NavyPosted: August 3rd, 2014, 2:59 pm
I look forward to see more, Myanmar has very interesting ships in service.

[Profile] [Quote]
superboy
Post subject: Re: Myanmar NavyPosted: August 3rd, 2014, 3:11 pm
In 2011 Myanmar Navy install 4xC802 anti ship Missile and Type 352 Radar (Square Tie) or MR-331 Radar in Russian service

[ img ]

[ img ]

In 2014 C802 move down found igla sam on the roof of the bridge. install 2xType 81 RBU-1200 ASW rocket and an anti-aircraft gun, i check with new picture found bofors 40/56 gun. have 2 new sensors but i don't know what is it (ECM/ESM and ??). Anawrahta Class = 80% i will update again

PS : Fix all problems, now the ships = 100%

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Last edited by superboy on January 31st, 2015, 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
wb21
Post subject: Re: Myanmar NavyPosted: August 3rd, 2014, 3:14 pm
This is a great start, looking forward in filling up the void on SE Asian navies here on SB. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
superboy
Post subject: Re: Myanmar NavyPosted: August 3rd, 2014, 3:28 pm
Hood, odysseus1980 , wb21 : many thanks, and i have questions now :mrgreen:

1 what is the Myanmar 76 gun ?, it's look like south africa gun on Valour class(top) but defferent from oto 76/62 gun

[ img ]

2 what is the Igla or Strela launcher ?? my part use Gibka but Myanmar version look defferent (yes i can't dawing)

[ img ]

3 please tell me if you know :D thank you

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Myanmar NavyPosted: August 3rd, 2014, 3:37 pm
it looks like the normal oto 76 gun with some attachments to the turret. the gun itself seems normal, but it might be that the maintenance hatch is moved from the rear to the sides. what that thing on top is, I have no idea about.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Myanmar NavyPosted: August 3rd, 2014, 3:40 pm
"E" looks like a Gatling gun (Iran, North Korea have definitely design their own, why not Myanmar), "F" reminds me the Yugoslavian M55 triple 20mm gun (triple Oerlikon FF I think).

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Myanmar NavyPosted: August 3rd, 2014, 6:06 pm
Great drawings!
Superboy, You're doing a great work with ships of SE Asian navies!

"F" gun barrels look IMHO bit thin for 20mm (but it might be just because of my computer screen), but considering that Burma/Myanmar purchased significant numbers of armament from Yugoslavia, the gun used on M-55 - which btw. was licensed modification of Hispano-Suiza HSS-804 20 mm L/70 - is a reasonable possibility.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Myanmar NavyPosted: August 3rd, 2014, 6:54 pm
The only suggestion I have is that you be so kind as to remember to post these in the upload thread to save them posterity.

Keep up the splendid work.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 8  [ 74 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 58 »

Jump to: