Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 8  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 58 »
Jackie Treehorn
Post subject: Re: French World War I destroyers - rebootPosted: August 24th, 2014, 5:59 pm
Is it only me, but I can't see the Image. It's a pity, since I would really like to see those paintings. :(

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: French World War I destroyers - rebootPosted: August 24th, 2014, 7:38 pm
Jackie Treehorn wrote:
Is it only me, but I can't see the Image. It's a pity, since I would really like to see those paintings. :(
that's because he is using majhost! Never use majhost, they are always down. I wonder how many times random members says that, before someone decide: "hey I got an idea, perhaps I'll try Photobucket, or dropbox. at least they are always up and go, just have to learn the trick to post them in full size"

[Profile] [Quote]
Jackie Treehorn
Post subject: Re: French World War I destroyers - rebootPosted: August 25th, 2014, 9:26 am
Ok, than it's not only me, who can't see the Images. But, some can see them obviously. So, is it a question of your IP-Address. I am in UAE and I can't see those images from majhost. :(

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: French World War I destroyers - rebootPosted: August 25th, 2014, 10:53 am
It's not where you are. We that can see it, sees the picture one time for in the next time is down. Basically majhost is up for perhaps an hour a day (a minute here and there)

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: French World War I destroyers - rebootPosted: August 25th, 2014, 11:15 am
Christ, Heuhen, no need to blow this out of proportions. From the sound of you one would believe Majhost has assaulted a member of your family.
Most of the time Majhost is simple and reliable, bet every so often(once every few months) they close down for maintainence. This particular run has been longer than it usually is(it's been going on for a week or so, I think?). It has started running for short periods of time again, and then the maintainance has resumed again, closing the site. It'll probably be up again as latest by the end of the week.

[Profile] [Quote]
Jackie Treehorn
Post subject: Re: French World War I destroyers - rebootPosted: August 25th, 2014, 12:33 pm
That is good news.

[Profile] [Quote]
peppe
Post subject: Re: French World War I destroyers - rebootPosted: August 25th, 2014, 2:20 pm
me too i still don't see the images
peppe

[Profile] [Quote]
peppe
Post subject: Re: French World War I destroyers - rebootPosted: August 25th, 2014, 2:21 pm
i fergot from italy
ciao peppe

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: French World War I destroyers - rebootPosted: August 25th, 2014, 2:58 pm
KHT wrote:
Christ, Heuhen, no need to blow this out of proportions. From the sound of you one would believe Majhost has assaulted a member of your family.
Most of the time Majhost is simple and reliable, bet every so often(once every few months) they close down for maintainence. This particular run has been longer than it usually is(it's been going on for a week or so, I think?). It has started running for short periods of time again, and then the maintainance has resumed again, closing the site. It'll probably be up again as latest by the end of the week.
I am not against Majhost, but the team behind it, specially the technical staff that have the task of holding the server up for more than 95%. I have worked with things like that before! And we managed 98%, but we had 15 Servers, where every one was capable to take over each other, we had also 20 internett-lines in to the buildings and everyone of them worked separate. we had several storage racks, every one with there own computer's and they was capable to run as server for a short time-periode, but it's extreme maintenance heavy, so it all comes down how much of the profit you want to go to the servers.

When you do maintenance, you never take out the entire server, you take one server rack at time, and every server rack have there own maintenance time. There is also several server that are a blue print of each other, so if one go, the second server in line will take over. But if you are not careful and make sure that one server is boss, while all other is second in line, you can end up with two server that both try to be boss.. and that cause an stability problem. and all the unstability Majhost have had sounds like they have one or more server that have been programmed wrong, or there have been an update that have changed something. And if it's an update (something I think is the problem), then it must be the latest update from Microsoft, that gave every computers the blue screen of death...

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: French World War I destroyers - rebootPosted: August 28th, 2014, 8:27 pm
Hello everybody!

No new pics, obviously (the next class was so 'homogenous' I need to scratch-draw nearly every ship, and its 18 of them, so it's gonna take some time...)

I just threw a little rant about how shitty photobucket was, and it made me feel better. It's deleted now, because for some probably metaphysical reason, Photobucket just performed flawlessly, without popups and without resize - they might have had that idea a year ago, I would never have changed my host. I edited the 450-ton DD post on page 2, they can be viewed again. Enjoy as long as it lasts.

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 8  [ 76 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 58 »

Jump to: