Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 3  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Norway, Nordkapp class redo.Posted: August 20th, 2014, 6:58 pm
MC Spoilt B'stard wrote:
heuhen wrote:
Nordkapp class and Svalbard class are currying NH90. Lynx are now going out of service since the NH90 is coming in. Not the hangar oh Nordkapp is handling the lynx in a semi compact mode, the hangar have been modified to handle NH90 as fully compacted.

I don't know where you are getting that replenishment talk from, but all Norwegian helicopter Carrying ship can replenish NH90.

oh Norway didn't use AW101, but the heli deck can handle it and refuel it.
Ok , but i haven't talked about replenishments? And how about the 16 AW-101's the Norwegian Airforce bought for the SAR duty's to replace the Seakings? :roll:
replenishment. it was me starting typing before my mobile was finish uploading everything.. so it bugged out for me a bit!!

Even the Sea Kings did not land on any of the Norwegian Coast guard vessels.. the lynx in the coast guard did that work. The only time an AW101 will land on a naval ship is in extreme situation. we basically don't need the AW101 to land on a navy ship

they are not for ship operation, and one of the requirement for them is that they needed an flying range of minimum 350nm and 30 minutes hovering, the AW101 have 750nm (900nm with extra tanks). the AW101 main task is working over land, out to sea not that often, and all coast guards NH90 helicopter is equipped as an SAR-rescue Helicopter.

So I don't see the problem you are talking about. the Navy and the coast guard do the work to sea with ther NH90 helicopters, and the AW101 have more than enough range to reach out to other things by it self (the AW101 is stationed on several places in Norway, just like the Sea King). so the list would look like this:

AW101:
- SAR, inland working for it self, backed up by ambulance helicopters
- SAR, at sea, only close to the coast line.

NH90:
- SAR, inland, in support if noting else is available.
- SAR, at sea, cover the entire North sea, together with the Norwegian sea rescue service and coast guard.

Oil rigs:
- have own helicopter rescue system.
- have Rescue/standby vessel.

So we have it covered. so I would say this, AW101 SAR to sea, is almost like trying to play football VM (or Soccer as our "Americans" calls it! :lol: ) with an Basketball, it works but not perfect.

What I am saying, why using an big Rescue helicopter designed to work inland and close to the coast line, far out in the North sea, when the Navy have there own helicopters for that.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Norway, Nordkapp class redo.Posted: August 20th, 2014, 10:44 pm
video with films from KV Senja: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wrUbTOAzaQ

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 3  [ 22 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3

Jump to: