Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 20 of 20  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page « 116 17 18 19 20
ailgin
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship Jean BartPosted: November 12th, 2014, 1:45 am
People, let's keep this thread about David's drawings, and post other things in the rant thread...

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship Jean BartPosted: November 12th, 2014, 9:07 am
ailgin wrote:
People, let's keep this thread about David's drawings, and post other things in the rant thread...
Thank you ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship Jean BartPosted: November 14th, 2014, 1:27 pm
Seems Colombamike was correct, I'm fated to draw the French Battleship Saga chronologically backwards, Alsace to Dunkerque. :roll: Which means I’ve move backwards one more step to Richelieu. "1940 Fleeing France" is done, I’m working on the "1935-1939 As Designed" Phase. I'll be opening Richelieu in a new thread. We've worn this one out, I think :D

Thanks for looking in and commenting. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship Jean BartPosted: November 14th, 2014, 1:45 pm
Can't wait to see the next chapter...have a feeling it'll be just as good (if not better) than this one!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship Jean BartPosted: November 14th, 2014, 3:33 pm
emperor_andreas wrote:
Can't wait to see the next chapter...have a feeling it'll be just as good (if not better) than this one!
Thanks for the vote of confidence :D

So far, it bears a lot of promise. The 1940 was rather easy since Richelieu and Jean Bart were sister ships. The original design is rather difficult given the quality of the reference drawings. But the original design clearly shows all of the elements that emerge in the rest of the class--except Gascoigne’s double-ended main battery. It’s too bad that Richelieu was never completed as designed. The subsequent New York refit would have been interesting. ;)

You'll see when I open the thread in a few days. :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship Jean BartPosted: November 14th, 2014, 8:25 pm
may I ask for some small drawing changes on the missile conversion though? although I disagree that the ship would look like drawn there, it is your drawing so your desision on the design, but could you maybe just fix the launcher itself for the Mk 4 height (to make vertical loading possible, right now the launcher is too low to the deck to be able to turn straight up) and fix the top view with the part I PM-ed you?

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship Jean BartPosted: November 14th, 2014, 8:33 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
may I ask for some small drawing changes on the missile conversion though? although I disagree that the ship would look like drawn there, it is your drawing so your desision on the design, but could you maybe just fix the launcher itself for the Mk 4 height (to make vertical loading possible, right now the launcher is too low to the deck to be able to turn straight up) and fix the top view with the part I PM-ed you?
I don't know if I can do it justice, but I'll try. :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 20 of 20  [ 197 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 116 17 18 19 20

Jump to: